Chapter 5

dedicated to xXxRebelMorticianxXx for liking chapter 3!!!

 For everyone who reads my stories or even just this one, thanks sooo much!!! It means more than battle axes.....for a lack of a better comparison....I can't say it means more than the world.....cuz that would be a bit too extreme....but still!!! Thanks!!!!!

)#*$ @#(&

  I did as Miranda said, as she went into the closet to get the chairs. As I approached the bookshelf, I noticed that there were a LOT of different things to choose from. I started to mumble the movies and I ran my finger along the large selection of movies.

  "The Hulk... Ironman... Batman... What's up with all the superheroes?" Then, I found it. "Aha!" I yelled, as I pulled the three X-Men movies from the shelf. I turned around to see that Miranda was already done setting up the seats. No doubt using vampire powers.

  "You like X-Men?" she asked, raising her eyebrow.

  "They're only the best movies of all time!" I exclaimed, plopping down into the green bean bag chair next to Miranda's blue one, and putting the disc into the Xbox 360. Then, I did a double take at my surroundings. There were five bean bag chairs stationed in front of te flat screen, all a different color, just like the doors.

  "Umm... Miranda? Why are there five bean bag chairs?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

  "Oh, um. The boys love to be obnoxious. If you don't set up spare seats for them, they'll end up sitting on US instead."

  That only made me chuckle. Wow. Miranda ad her own guidelines to survive high school as the only loser, AND she knew every detail of how to deal with immature thousand-year-old vampires? This girl was pretty bright.

  "Well okay then..." I said, looking back at the screen.

 ~*~

  No sooner than the previews had ended, did the boys come running full speed into the room, holding the biggest drinks and bowls of popcorn I'd ever seen. They handed Miranda and I a couple before settling into their chairs.

  "Thanks," I said.

  "You're welcome," they all three chimed back.

  "Aha!" Randy, the brunet yelled, pointing an accusing finger at Kelso, the blonde. It seemed to me that their eye color kept changing, so I didn't really keep tabs on who had what color eyes. "You talked! You owe me two hundred bucks!"

  Kelso just sighed and handed Randy two, one-hundred dollar bills in... Monopoly money?

  "It's just a game they play," Miranda explained, "They're both millionares in it. They had to buy a LOT of game boards, though."

  "Right..." I said, leaning farther back into the chair, and turning my attention back to the movie. Normally, I'd be all enthusiastic, and crazy, but I was extremely tired from walking all night, and my back was still killing me.

  The giant LCD showed the scene where Wolverine was boxing in the beginning, and it made me smile. He was kicking ass. Absolute best movie of all time, I declared silently in my mind. No doubt about it.

  Right when Wolverine was threatening the guy at the bar, the screen turned black. I just sat there, staring at the blank screen, clutching my drink a little more tightly.

  "Noooo!!!" I cried, all dramatic like. "That was the best part! Why, God? Whyyyy?" I then turned to Fabian, who was clutching a remote, and grinning evilly. A frown appeared on my face.

  "Where's Kelso and Ran-" I was cut off by strong arms wrapping underneath mine, and pulling me to my feet.

  I looked up to see Kelso smiling down at me like a fool. Before I had time to react, Randy pulled my feet out from under me, making it to where I was now being carried. Without hesitation, Fabian ran over to the double doors that were letting in a bunch of sunlight, yanked them open, and jumped off the balcony. I assume that's when Randy and Kelso used their vampire speed, because we were suddenly at the edge of the railing that outlined a drop of who knows how far.

  "Don't. You. Dare," I warned, my voice deadly calm.

  I was glaring furiously at Randy, trying my hardest to burn him with my eyes. Randy's smile only widened, before he and Kelso threw me off the balcony. I closed my eyes, and kept calm, feeling the wind rush through my hair, knowing this is a trick of some kind. I mean, they wouldn't seriously throw a human girl off a balcony just like that, right? Miranda never mentioned anything about them being homicidal. I braced myself to hit something, probably the ground, but instead landed in a shape of some sort, that was hard, yet soft at the same time.

  I slowly opened my eyes, to see Fabian looking down at me with a concerned expression.

  "Was it seriously that bad? I mean I can hear your heart beating a thousand miles a second."

  I slowly nodded my head, and closed my eyes, trying to calm my breathing. When I opened them again, I noticed we were inside. With everyone staring at me.

  "Wow, Fabian. You just can't seem to keep your hands off me," I said, getting out of his arms. That made everyone laugh, but Fabian just smirked.

  "Only because you've been staring at me since you got here."

  "You wish."

  "Ooh! Burn!" Kelso yelled, giving me a high five. I slapped his hand, and laughed.

  "See, Randy? Serenity gives me high-fives!"

  "High fives are for losers," Randy said teasingly.

  "You're a loser!" Kelso and I said at the same time.

  It still looked like Randy was stuck on the balcony subject. He kept staring at me in a confused way, as if trying to read my actions as carefully as possible. Then, all of a sudden, realization dawned on him, and he slapped himself on the forehead.

  "Oh my God!" he exclaimed. "You're afraid of heights! I'm so sorry, Serenity. I didn't know..."

  "How'd you know I'm afraid of heights?"

  "Uhh... Isn't it obvious?" I just stared at him. "Anyway! How about we make it up to you? Let's go play video games! You love video games!"

  I began to glare at the now nervous and fidgety Randy. "How's you know THAT?"

  Fabian picked me up again, and before I knew it, we were back in my room, except the downstairs portion of it.

  "Fabian!" I exclaimed, jumping onto my own feet. "Stop carrying me! That's the third time since I met you." He only gave me a smirk in return.

  "Serenity!" Randy called from the couch. "Let's play Black Ops!"

  "I don't like Black Ops!"

  "Yes you do! It's your favorite!"

  "Aha!" I yelled. "How do you know all this stuff about me?"

  "You tricked me!"

  "I don't care! Answer the question!"

  "Miranda told me."

  "I never talked to Miranda about video games."

  "She said you said it in your sleep."

  "You're lying."

  At this point, Randy let out a huge huff of air, and we turned to the other three, who had huge grins on their faes.

  "Randyyyy! Tell me what you're hidinggg!" I then stomped my foot down like a little kid.

  "Well, well... Looks like the Peace Covenant is keeping a little human pet, now," came a cold, hard voice behind me.