Chapter 2

For those of you who read my stories...thanks!!! I enjoy writing, and reading....so...yeah....Here!!!!::::DD

dedicated to yousuckatlove1 for becoming my fan!!!

!@#$$%^^&**(

  "So, here's the plan," Miranda started, as the bell rang, signalling the end of school.

  "Shut up already," I complained, "You've told me the plan like a thoousand times now."

  She only huffed. "Well, okay.... But, if you forget something, don't blame me."

  "I don't think packing will be a problem."

  The ride home onj the bus was long and boring, although, it did give me enough time to finish my homework. When I got to my bus stop, I began walking slowly down the dirt path, knowing I had a long road ahead of me.

  It usually takes a couple hours to get home on foot, since my parents and I lived so far into the woods. I normally don't even get home until after dark.

  When I finally got home (though it wouldn't be home for long), I was starving. I went into the kitchen and took a long drink of lemonade. Walking countless miles in the woods can really get you dehydrated. Who would've guessed? It wasn't long until I heard the sound of someone heavily walking down the steps.

  Oh, crap. My first instinct was to hide my cup and make a run for it, but I was tired of avoiding my own parents. Besides, I probably wouldn't even make it out the door, and it would only have made me look more suspicious. So, I just stood there, sipping lemonade, leaning against the kitchen counter.

  At first, he walked right into the kitchen, and to the fridge, not even acknowledging my existence. Then, he pulled out a beer, and turned around.

  "Sup?" I said, staying calm. I knew this would bother him.

  His groggy, drunk face turned into a scowl. "Why are you home so late? Screwing with your boyfriends?"

  I scoffed. "I told you, Dad, I'm single."

  "Yeah, and that makes it sooo much better."

  "I don't owe you an explanation."

  I turned around to go upstairs, but was stopped by a cold grasp on my left forearm. Too small of a hand to be my dad's... I quickly turned around to be face to face with an angry scowl.

  "Oh, hey, Mom," I said, cheerfully.

  "Don't you 'Hey Mom' me!" She brought her hand up to slap me, but I blocked it with my right arm.

  "I don't want to hurt you, Mom."

  Her face went to confused, then to mad again, as she attempted to knee me in the gut. I twirled both my arms out of her grasp, and shoved her backwards. She hit the cabinets, and slid to the floor, a look of mere shock on her face.

  Before either of us could react, my father grabbed both of my arms from behind, and flung me across the living room. I hit the back of the couch, and rolled off with a thump. Harsh much? I was really starting to wish we had neighbors that could hear me scream.

  Then, he started to slowly advance me, clutching a butcher knife. Seriously?! Your own daughter, and you're holding a butcher knife? He was always extremely cruel and heartless, but he could give it a whole new meaning when he was drunk. Right now, I had no doubt he had every intention of killing me.

  I fumbled around for a knife I had hidden in the couch cusions, but it was no where to be found. I looked back up to my dad, if you could even call him that, and saw the evil smirk on his face. He had finally won. He was finally going to kill me. After all these years I've survived their brutal words, and punches, and for what?

  Just when I had lost all hope, I caught a glimpse of metal in the corner of my eye. The knife must have fallen out. Without hesitation, I turned to grab it, causing major pains to course through my entire body. At the last second, I got a hold of it, and stabbed the closest thing to me.

  Blood gushed from his arm, distracting him long enough from me to get out of his reach and run up the stairs. I slammed my bedroom door as fast as I could, and jammed a woode stool underneath the doorknob. I quickly strapped my schoolbag to my back, and packed some extra clothes in another.

  Hearing my parents bang on the door, and yell absurd curse words, I checked to make sure my grandmother's locket was still around my neck. Then, knowing it wouldn't be long before my dad got his shotgun, I crawled out my window and climbed down the tree as fast as possible.