Chapter 7

This chapter was really fun to write!!! Thanks for reading!!! Don't forget to vote and comment please! I need to know what people think and if you have any suggestions as to the pasts for Miranda, Kelso or Randy.

Dedicated to BenMcKenna for becoming my fan!

*(@($_&%

  When I woke up, I was in the most comfortable position in the world. I tried to sit up, but my head started to throb.

  "Ow," I muttered, grabbing my head.

  "Don't sit up. Rest," came a voice from behind me. They gently pulled me back down, and I realized my head was in their lap. Who was this incredibly comfy person? The voice seemed familiar...

  My eyes shot open, as I remembered who the voice belonged to. Trent, the evil vampire dude that almost killed Fabian.

  "Why am I so sleepy?" I barely made out.

  "I imagine it's from saving Fabian's life," he replied. "It took a lot out of you. You know, you're a very selfless person. You put other people's needs before your own. Even their lives. Oh, and, uh... Don't even try to scream. Even if you are strong enough, no one can hear you. I've used my power of sheilds to block out any vocal wavelengths. Every vampire has a special ability, though sometimes, within the same covenant, everyone may develop the same one. Mine is the power of sheilds. I can block out theoretical feilds in the air. Gases... Sounds..."

  "Trent, you talk too much," I said, trying to get up.

  He only chuckled, and pushed my head back into his lap. At least it was comfy.

  "Anyway, as I was saying, you're basically coming with me, now. No way out of it..."

  I started to zone him out after that, because I had come up with a plan. Maybe Fabian and the others could hear me if I sped up my breathing and heart rate, since Trent said all he's blocked out so far are vocal wavelengths. Worth a try.

  I put my plan into action, and began breathing in short, raspy breaths, thus bringing up my heart rate as well. Fabian was immediately at the door kicking it off it's henges. Now, that was awesome.

  "Sup?" I said, flipping myself off of Trent's lap and onto the floor.

  Okay...ow. My head is officially throbbing like crazy. I looked up to Fabian, who had a murderious look in his eye. Trent only chuckled before disapperaing completely. Fabian rushed over to me, and before I know it, he's gently setting me down on my bed.

  "Damn," he says, running his fingers through his long black hair. "I leave you alone for two minutes, and you get yourself into all kinds of trouble. The others are out grocery shopping, since we now have a human with us."

  "Wait, don't you eat normal food?" I asked. "I mean, I know you're vampires, but you only feed every six months, so I figured..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say next.

  "Ya," Fabian said, nodding. "For the taste or whenever we get bored. That's why we have our own kitchenettes in each room. We just don't have ACTUAL meals lying around the house."

  I nodded and closed my eyes, but I still felt a presence next to me. It wasn't uncomfortable; just confusing. I slowly reopened my eyes, to see Fabian giving me a concerned look. He seemed to be deep in thought.

  "What did Trent do?" he asked softly.

  I sighed. "Nothing, really."

  He gave me a look that told me to keep going. I just layed there and stared at him. Then, I got up, and walked over to the semi-broken dresser, and ran a brush through my hair a couple of times before putting it up in a ponytail. Then, I set down the brush, and turned back to Fabian, who was now standing. He slowly started walking towards me, and stopped a couple feet away.