Chapter 10

Thanks to everyone that loves and supports this story. I know that's not many people, but I'm thrilled I've gotten this far. Thanks so much for sticking with it. There are many twists and turns in the future of this story and I have it writen in my notebook. All I do now is find the time to type it. That includes one huge twist that made it a lot more fun for me to write. I hope you enjoy! Please take the time to vote, comment, and other shiz like that. Dedicated to agcrnam for fanning me!!!

)*&$*#)Q#$_)^%

  I shifted my weight around more, seeing as how my legs had fallen asleep, but I was still uncomfortable. Ugh. Can my luck get any worse? Oh no. Bad luck. Nothing good ever happens when you say that.

  And I was right.

  I tripped over something, though I have no clue what it was, and fell forward, holding in a groan as I face-planted the floor. Everything fell on my with a crash. And I mean EVERYTHING. It felt like the entire world had fallen on top of me. At least two bookshelves, a couple of chairs, and over ten thousand pounds of clothing were now piled on top of my aching body. Now I especially wanted to groan in pain. On top of it all, my legs had started to wake up, sending aggravating tingles through them. I just love my gracefullness.

  I held my breath as I heard someone swing open the closet door.

  "I know something's going on!" said an unfamiliar feminine voice.

  Actually, it sounded a little like my voice. Yup. Must be Scarlet.

  I found a small opening in the mess piled on top of me, so I did my best to peer through it. I saw the three boys, followed by Miranda, jogging up to a girl with curly black hair. Then, I did a double take. What. The. Hell. Scarlet looked exactly like me. Like she was my double or something. I don't ever remember having a sister... Was I dreaming, or is this some sort of joke, because, I'll tell you right now: it's not funny. Just confusing. Wait, why am I letting this get to me? Why should I care about still trying to hide when they've given me absolutely no information to strive on? I'm starting to get a little pissed.

  Without further hesitation, I got up out of the mess (with difficulty) and faced Scarlet and the boys, as Miranda came to stand by my side.

  "Are you okay?" she asked, looking me over.

  "Yeah, I'm fine, Miranda. What's going on?"

  I really wasn't feeling all too good, but I wasn't going to let any of this get in my way of finding out the truth.

  "Why the hell is she alive?!" Scarlet yelled. "I thought we discussed this."

  "Wait, what? I'm supposed to be dead? Why do you guys want me dead?" I asked, becoming panicked.

  Fabian stepped forward, making Scarlet, who was now by my side, step backwards with me. It was like a stand off between the three guys and three girls.

  "Serenity, we're not the ones who want you dead. I'm trying to figure out why you still are, though. Just let me explain," Fabian said, as if trying to calm us down. Heh. A hot vampire nervous about some human girl being upset. That's a sight.

  Suddenly, a bright flash of light filled my vision, and I blinked a few times, and saw Kelso smiling down at a camera.

  "You guys look exactly alike!" he yelled, turning the camera around for us to see. "You really are the twins of the prophecy."

  "Woah," Scarlet and I breathed at the same time.

  In the picture, was Scarlet on I on either side of Miranda (who seemed to be the only one smiling), and sure enough, we looked like twins. We had the same wavy, jet-black hair, same curvy figure, same height, blue-green eyes, plump hot-pink lips, light freckles, and pointed ears. Everything. The only difference was our clothes. Scarlet wore a tight brown hoodie with goth pants and chains, while I was wearing sweat pants and a tank top with... no bra. Great. All three boys looked to my chest, causing me to bring my arms up to cover myself. Stupid pervy, mind-reading vampires. Randy was smirking, Kelso was blushing, and Fabian had the same mysterious, hardcore look in his eyes. That made me want to punch him.

  "Wait," I said, "Did Kelso say we're twins of prophecy? What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

  "Well..." Fabian started, "There's obviously more to the story than you see. When Miranda first met you, she came home telling me how she saw who she thought to be Scarlet's twin. I began doing research about how you could be alive that night..."

  "That's also the night you-" Miranda interrupted, but stopped herself when she realized what she was saying.

  "That's alright. Tell them," I reassured her.

  Miranda turned towrds the others, before she continued.

  "The night I met Serenity... The night before you guys met her... Well, her parents tired to kill her."

  "What? How?" Randy asked, stepping closer.

  "It's nothing. They were drunk. I'm over it," I dismissed. "Anyway, you were saying, Fabian?"

  "He threw you into a couch?!" Fabian yelled.

  "Stay outa my head... That's personal." I don't like it when people yell. I was also getting really tired of mind reading.

  Before I knew it, Kelso was behind me, lifting the back of my shirt up. I quickly turned around, swiping my shirt down in the process. However, that only caused more pain to my still-bruised ribcage, and I winced.

  "See? You're obviously not over it, even though you were asleep for nine days!" Fabian yelled, once again.

  "Calm down. I'm fine. I've dealt with worse." Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

  I began to walk past the five vampires, and out of the closet, but Fabian blocked the doorway.

  "I'm fine, Fabian. Please let it go." I looked up into his eyes, to see frustration and sadness.

  "I'm sorry for yelling," he said, his voice suddenly soft, "I just can't believe someone would do that to their own daughter. I need to make sure you're okay, though."

  I took a step back, as he took a step towards me.

  "Serenity, you can trust me. Please?" he asked.

  I took another moment to look up into his eyes, and my shoulders slumped in defeat. Fabian took another step towards me, slowly turned me around, and lifted up my shirt. I heard gasps of shock from behind me, as Fabian tensed up. I then felt a wisp of air. Suddenly, somehting very cold was pressed to my back, and I jumped from the sudden change in temperature. I looked to my right, to see Kelso taping an ice pack around my body with duct tape. I laughed at his weird ideas.

  Fabian gently picked me up, and started carrying me upstairs at human speed. All the while, I was slowly drifting off in his arms.