Chapter 8

Sorry for not updating recently. I have a PE/Health summer school course for next year to open up an extra hour, so they've been draining me of all my energy. I also started watching The Vampire Diaries and it's actually a lot better than I had expected. PEACE peeps. And thanks once again for reading my story. Sorry for any mistakes.

   Okay, so now a vampire left me stranded in the middle of the woods. I'm just livin' the life now, aren't I? I still haven't found out why Randy knows all that stuff about me.

  Then it hit me. He has to be able to read minds! That's it. I know it is. There's no other explanation. Shit. I need to stop thinking about how hot they are. Oh, I'm so stupid.

  I slowly turned around, looking at my surroundings, for any sign of civilization; for anything. Not with my luck. I was smackdab in the middle of the woods. No doubt about it. At least there was a small clearing.

  There was also a conveniantly placed rock, so I went to sit against it. I began to think. I mean, what else could I do? There was obviously no where to go, and I didn't know how to navigate in the least. Should I start walking, or wait until somebody finds me?

  I can't just wait. What if Trent's the one that finds me? I shuddered at the thought. He may be hot like the rest of the vampires, but he was anything but comforting. I'm seriously wishing Fabian or Miranda were here. Hell, I'd even settle for Kelso. Not Randy... He's the moron that stuck me here in the first place. And all because I wanted to know their secret, which isn't that bad after all. Why didn't he want me to know he could read minds? And could the rest do so as well? They must... Just by the way they react to things right after I think about them. Yup. Great. I think I just saw my privacy fly out of the imaginary window.

  I sighed in frustration as I slowly stood up and smoothed out my shirt. Then, I licked my finger, and raised it slightly out in front of me.

  The wind was blowing to my left.

  Great. So... What did I gain from that? Nothing. Just the direction the wind was blowing. Not that it helped much. I just remember the wind whipping my hair to the right when Miranda first brought me to the covenant house/castle. So, I was most likely facing the opposite direction. That is, unless the wind switched directions since then. I don't even know how long ago it was.

  I turned around, and started walking the opposite direction. It was the only lead, even if it wasn't really a lead at all.

  It wasn't long until I heard rustling in the leaves somewhere behind me. I quickly spun around, only to see air.

  "Who's there?" I asked, mentally cursing myself when my voice shook.

  "Me," said a deep, husky voice from directly behind me, so close, he was brushing up against my back.

  I gasped very loudly, probably having a heart attack, and tripped over my own two feet, falling in the process. I began to tumble down the hill, but he held me back, and gently set me down next to him in the leaves.

  "Are you okay?" Fabian asked, putting his arm around my shoulder and inspecting my face.

  "I'm fine," I replied, shrugging him off. "Why are you always worrying so much?"

  "I... I just..." he stuttered.

  "Just what?"

  "Worry."

  "Right." I already knew that, but, okay...

  After that, we just sat there for a while, thinking, and I knew he was reading my mind occasionally, and I knew he knew I knew he was reading my mind, but he still didn't seem bothered. Just don't think about how hot he is Serenity. Damn it! I just did. That made Fabian chuckle. What makes him think he has the right to read my mind? And then laugh at my thoughts? Ass.