Chapter 23 - "Scarlet, we need your help."

You know you're cute, when someone who doesn't know you can tell!:)
_____________________________________________

(Scarlets POV)

"The talk is going to have to wait." Axel growled.
°That was hot.°
•Not now!•
I ran to help lead the vans to a place where they could fit.
There were more vans than I could count, all holding more then they were meant to.
Xavier was right. There were so many injured.
After we had helped most into the hospital, Xavier called me over to talk with him.
"Scarlet," He hugged me. "It's so good to see you."
"I know. It feels like we haven't seen each other in double the time I've been here."
He smiled, ending the hug. "I need to talk with you about everything that's been happening since you've been here. I've heard everyones reports except yours."
"I'm sorry. I should have been calling to tell you everything.
"It's fine. Get the others and meet me inside the pack house."
"Yes, Alpha."
I rounded the others up and went inside.
"Sir." We bowed.
"Guys, you don't have to do that here."
We straightened.
"We need to talk about how this is going to work under a different Alphas roof."
We nodded.
"Continue to treat him with as much respect as you would me, and know that what he says is final, even if I don't agree with it; this is his territory, and I will not tolerate disrespect of any Alpha. Alright?"
"Yes sir."
A movement in the corner of my eye caught my attention. Looking over, I saw Axel make his way outside.
I ignored it, knowing his presence wasn't as important as all the people we needed to take care of.
Before I could do anything though, Tara grabbed my arm, pulling me to a different room.
"Scar.... my wolf is freaking out; I think my mate is here and I want to go find him, but...." she trailed off.
"Listen. you'll meet when you meet. Just go about your business. Trust me, I know how you feel, but right now we need to help people."
"Alright... let's go."
We went outside, getting back to work.
We worked for an hour before it was time to get everyone a place to sleep, which ended up taking around four hours.
Every bedroom would have to have more then one person in it, including mine, which was no longer mine.
I packed my things as fast as I could and brought my bags to were I would be staying.
Tara and I would be sharing one of Axels many guest rooms for a while.
We ended up spending the whole day taking care of everyone, and making sure they all had rooms.
The talk with Axel was completely forgotten as we all went to bed.
_________________The next day________________

I woke to someone knocking.
I got up and trudged over to the door, not liking how tired my body was.
"Yeah?" I opened the door.
"Scarlet, we need your help." Jonathan looked at me, Damien and Sam behind him.
"What?"
"Sam and I can feel.... something and-"
"We think it's our mates."
I froze. Those two never finished each other's sentences; if anything could make them do that, it would be their mates.
"What about Damien?"
"Still nothin." He shrugged. "I'm just here to help."
"How? It's not like you can tell who their mates are."
"I don't kn-"
"Moral support!" Sam yelled.
"Alright..." I sighed "let me get dressed."
"Hurry!"
"I know." I shut the door.
I got dressed as fast as I could, and we headed out.
"Where to?"
"I don't know.... I've never done this before... "Sam sighed. ".... what did you do?" They all looked to me.
"What? Guys, that's not how it works, not everyone finds their mate the same way; besides, your asking the girl who got rejected within a minute of finding out."
"Oh.... yeah... I'd rather not..."
"Mhm...... how about we just walk around where all the new packs are?" I suggested.
"Alright."
We made our way to the house, where Jonathan immediately ran up stairs.
We took off after him, but lost him after the second floor, not knowing if he continued up or not.
We decided it would be best to wait downstairs.
Within a few minutes, he came into the kitchen with a short girl. She had dark brown hair in a loose bun on the top of her head. She wore high waisted pants and a shirt that didn't reach the top of them.
I felt the happiness that came from them.
"Anna, this is, Sam, my brother, Scarlet, my packs Eta and Damien, the Epsilon."
"Hi." She waved.
"Guys, this is Anna."
"Hi Anna." I smiled.
"Sup."
"Hi."
"I know you two just met but, Anna, do you want to stay here with Jonathan or come help us look for Sams mate?" I asked.
"Um.... what do you want to do?" She look at Jonathan.
"I'm good with whatever."
"Oh my gosh. He is head over heals for her."
"Let's go so you can be with your brother."
"Alright."
"Where to Sammy boy?" I joked.
"Not here...... But the only place that I can think of is the hospital..."
"Let's go then." I lead the way.
We walked down the hospital hallways for a long time, thoroughly checking almost every one of the seven floors.
After checking the fifth floor, we all piled into the elevator and clicked the button for the next level.
The second the doors started to open, Sam slammed his hand against the seventh floor button, and the doors shut again.
We all stayed silent knowing what he was doing.
The short time spent in that elevator felt much longer then it should have, and I could only imagine what it felt like for Sam.
The second the door was wide enough for him to fit through, he bolted.
Since he and Jonathan were the smallest of us, he got a couple seconds head start.
We decided on floor one to let him meet her on his own, for the sake of not killing us if she wasn't just visiting a friend or family member, and so he could have that moment like Jonathan did with Anna.
But when he came back fifteen minutes later, there was no one beside him.
He walked toward us with a sad expression.
"What is it?" Jonathan asked.
"Sam.... don't tell me she.....-"
He growled at that thought, shaking his head.
"Then... where is she?"
He turned, indicating for us to follow.
We stopped at a room, and Sam opened the door.
We all walked in to see a girl with faded purple hair, lying on her back, her eyes closed.
"She.... um.... one of the nurses said...." Sam struggled. " she's... um...... in a coma...... they don't know when she'll wake up..."
"Oh.... Sam." I hugged him.
There was a small growl-ish sounding noise, but I ignored it.
"Anna...-" Jonathan started.
"I get it. I'll wait outside." She smiled as she left.
"It'll be okay. She's safe here, and there are people who are capable of taking care of her." I looked at him.
"Not as capable as me." He glared.
"We both know with the condition she's in, that's not true."
He growled, but said nothing.
I moved so I was closer to the others. "Have any of you eaten?"
"No. We left before we could." Jonathan answered.
"Alright. Sam, we're gonna go eat, you can stay here if you want and we'll bring you something later."
He nodded but didn't take his eyes off his mate.
On the way to the pack house I noticed that there were couples walking together, some, mates that had just found each other, and some that had been together for years; I even saw acquaintances from my own pack with people I had never seen before.
When we got to the house, we went to the kitchen to make lunch.
"Crow!"
I tensed immediately.
Jonathan and Damien looked at me in shock and annoyance.
_____________________________________________

1351 words

Thank you everyone for getting this to almost 300 votes!