Chapter 10 - "We should head back."

If you see any mistakes please tell me.

I hope you don't have a bad day!:)
_______________________________________________

Chapter Ten

(Scarlets POV)

After the meeting I went straight to my guest room not wanting to be around people, they just drained me. I flopped onto my bed, and decided to read a book. I picked up Snow, which is the last book in The Moon Chronicles. After about five hours of reading I had gotten to chapter fifty. It was now one in the morning and I was thirsty for some coffee. Luckily I drink way to much, so now my body's immune to it's normally energizing effect. I had brought my favorite kind with me so I didn't have to drink theirs. I grabbed it out of my bag and walked down stairs to the kitchen. I poured the water into the coffee maker, and put the actual coffee in there too. I sat at the dining room table waiting for it to brew. I heard foot steps coming from outside, then his smell hit me. The door opened to reveal Axel. He looked at me obviously not expecting to see me. He obverted his eyes looking at the coffee maker instead.
"Why are you up?" He asked.
"I wanted some coffee."
"Don't you want to sleep?" He looked at me.
"Coffee doesn't effect me."
"Oh...."
"Why are you up?"
"I wanted some coffee."
"Then why didn't you make some at your house?" I thought.
"Don't you want to sleep?" I got up.
"Coffee doesn't effect me." He smiled.
I walked over to the coffee pot and realised I accidentally made a full pot. I poured myself a cup and sat down again. Axel grabbed a cup from the cabinet and did the same. We sat in silence for a little while, neither of us wanting to talk in fear of it being awkward.
"...... So....... How have you been?" He asked.
"Eek..... Way to avoid it being awkward."
"Good.... How have you been?" I countered.
"....... Well...... Uh...... Mm....." He was avoiding my question.
"Hm......." I tilted my head.
"So........ Your an Eta...... How's that going?" He questioned.
"Fine...... It's great actually!" I smiled. "Xavier offered to let there be two Epsilons that weren't married so I could be one, But I turned him down."
"Why did I say that? I mean, it's true, but there was no reason to say it." I asked myself.
Axel was slowly being filled with pride for me, but then his face fell and I felt the pride diminish.
You're probably wondering how I can feel others emotions. It's part of being a white wolf. All the white wolfs before me had some sort of ability, all different, and all helpful. Mine is being able to read and feel others emotions, but for some reason its harder to read or feel Axels.
"Well.... I better be going to bed. I have a long day." I bowed my head. "Goodnight Alpha."
"Goodnight....... Eta." He said, his face filled with disappointment.
I put my cup in the sink, went back to my room, and layed on my bed, instantly falling asleep.

_________________The next day________________

"You're weak!" Axel glared.
I was crying.
"How pathetic!" He continued.
"Why are you doing this? I never did anything to you!" I sobbed.
I sat up gasping for air. I started to rub my hands on the sheets, but I realised that was part of the problem; they were silk. I jumped off the bed like it was on fire and rubbed my hands on my pants.
"They just had to be silk." I said to no one.
"Why do some textures make it hard for me to breath? I'm going to have to ask for different sheets."
"I've never had a dream like that before."
I thought out loud.
I decided not to dwell on it so I got some clothes for my shower. After I took a shower and put my clothes on. I realised I didn't get to unpack all my things, so decided to take care of that, singing to entertain myself.
I was apparently so distracted by the song that I didn't notice the person who had been standing in the doorway for far longer than my embarrassment would allow me to believe.
"Ahem." Axel stepped forward, trying to get my attention.
"Yes?" I felt my cheeks heat up just a little bit.
"What are you doing?" He looked at me.
"Unpacking. Why?" I picked up a shirt and hung it.
"Training starts soon." He explained.
I looked at the clock, it read 9:50; he was right.
"Oh. Okay. Anything else?" I gave him a questioning look.
"What were you singing?" He took a few steps closer.
"Its a song from a video game. I don't know what it's called." I picked up a pair of pants.
"It sounded beautiful." He said. After a second he seemed to realise what he said because he looked at me, blushing profusely.
"Thanks." I let a smile on to my face.
"Um.... You're welcome.... I guess." He mumbled, still blushing.
I tried not to giggled at that, but I couldn't help it.
°He's so cute!°
•Shut up.•
All of a sudden his face became serious.
"Rogues." He glared. "I could use your help."
"Alright." I nodded.
We ran down stairs and out the door. He seemed to know where we were going so I followed him. Soon we found them. There were a few Blood Moon Pack members growling at them while the Rogues were getting ready to attack. A few seconds later the Blood Moon Pack members ran off. I watched them run with a questioning look on my face, by then Axel had shifted and I realised why they ran; he told them to so he could shift without them knowing about him being a black wolf. He growled at the Rogues, and I shifted. They attacked. One lunged at Axel, while the other pounced at me. I stopped paying attention to what happened to Axel after that. I threw the Rogue away from me, and it hit a tree, dying instantly. I felt bad, but there was nothing I could do now. Axel was pinning the other Rogue and just before he had a chance to attack Axel, Axel knocked him out. He got off the Rogue and looked at me.
Axel stared at me with a look of curiosity, before nodding to himself.
Then he shifted.
I averted my eyes, knowing full well he'd be fully clothed, but not wanting him to know about me just yet. It had only been a few days.
He chuckled. "You can look."
I pretended to be hesitant, but looked as he said.
He wore jeans and a black T-shirt, his hair now a dark blue, that could easily be mistaken for black in lower light.
I faked shock and gave him a questioning look.
"Yeah I know." He said half smiling. "Oh! I should probably get you some clothes."
I shook my head. And walked behind a tree, there were some clothes behind it so I knew that I could use that excuse. I shifted and looked at what I was wearing; it was a high waisted skirt with white polka dots that were barely noticeable, a white shirt with thin black lines and a black beanie from my dream. I quickly shoved all my light blue hair into the beanie and walked out from behind the tree, putting my hands in my skirt pockets.
"We should get that Rogue to the cells." I suggested.
"Yeah, let's go." He said.
I noted how he didn't even seem to be fazed by the fact that I was a white wolf.
"Maybe he doesn't know about the prophecy?" I thought.
We picked up the Rogue and walked to the cells. After we put the Rogue there, we started our walk back to the pack house.
"So um....... You know about when I shifted and I had clothes on?" He looked at me.
"Yeah?"
"Could you..... Keep that a secret?" He asked.
"Sure." I nodded.
"Thanks. It's just, it might be dangerous if it gets out, and I'd rather not chance it." He sighed.
"I get it. But if you didn't know if I would keep the secret, then why did you show me?"
"I........ Don't know." He looked down, seeming to ask himself the same question.
"Hm........."
We walked the rest of the way in silence. Once we got there we parted ways, me going to my room and him to who knows where. Once I got to my room, I let my hair out of the beanie. It cascaded down my back. I was so lucky to have had that beanie. I concentrated on my hair and slowly yet surely it faded back to it's copper color.
"That was close." I thought.
I changed into some workout clothes, braided my hair, and looked at the clock; it was 10:17.
"I'm late." I glared.
I ran down stairs and to the training grounds. I got there not even a minute later. Teenagers were everywhere, talking and laughing, but mostly waiting for me. I walked in front of the crowd.
"Alright everyone!" I yelled.
They all looked at me, curiosity written all over there faces.
"My name is Scarlet and I'll be your trainer for the next four weeks!" I said loud enough for everyone to hear me. "I know that I'm late, there were two problems and I had to help take care of them. Now let's get started! First things first; everyone stand side by side facing me."
Everyone ran to get in line. I walked to the first person and made my way down the line, studying them all. When I made it to the end I walked back over to my place.
"Alright. You and you; come here." I pointed to a girl and a boy. They walked over and I continued. "What are your names?"
"I'm Kim." The girl said. She had purple hair and green eyes. She was short and a little petite.
"I'm Quinton." The boy said. He had black hair and electric blue eyes. He was tall and wide shouldered.
"Okay. Kim, Quinton, you two are the team captains. You are going to take turns picking who you want on your teams." I explained. "You pick who goes first."
"Rock Paper Scissors?" Kim asked.
"Sure." Quinton nodded.
They played until Kim ended up winning. They went back and forth picking, sometimes Kim or Quinton would pick someone and the other would whine about how they wanted them jokingly. Once they were done I explained.
"Now that the teams are made I'll tell you what your all going to play." I smiled." Dodge ball."
Everyone immediately started to cheer.
"Get in your places." I laughed.
I watched them play for thirty minutes, and in the end Quinton won.
"Knew it." I thought.
"Alright! Training in done for today! Now get out of here!" I giggled.
I walked back to the pack house, up the stairs, and was about to lay on my bed when I remembered; the sheets are silk. I frowned at that. I walked back down stairs and waited for someone to come inside that I could talk to about this. I waited about five minutes, when Axel walked in with all his friends. He looked at me and I took my chance.
"Hey.... Uh.... Axel.... Can I ask you about something. I couldn't find anyone else to talk to about it." I said.
"Guys I'll catch up with you later." He waved to them. "Sure. What is it?"
His friends being Jordan, Robert, and Thomas, nodded and walked off.
"Well.... I have this thing with textures and.... Um.... So basically, if I touch specific things I can barely breath." I started.
"Okay?...." He looked concerned.
"Silk is one of those things, and my sheets are silk." I finished.
"Oh... Sorry. I'll get you some new ones myself!" He smiled.
"Oh. No. You don't have t-"
"No, its fine. Come on. Follow me." He started to walk off.
I followed him to what, by the smell, seemed to be his house. We walked in, and I knew it was; his smell was everywhere.
We walked up some stairs and into, what I guessed was his room. He went straight to a closet, while I observed the room, It was pretty cool; the room was really big. all the walls were white, and one had a black stripe going down to meet his bed which had white covers with a black stripe that lined up with the one on his wall, and under the blanket you could see a little bit of his black sheets. The ceiling was painted to look like the surface of water and the floors were a dark wood. His nightstand had piles of books, most of which I had read and loved. One wall had a guitar hanging from it. I looked back at the wall that had the door leading to the hall and there was a painted black wave. It was my dream room. The only things missing were my belongings.
"Wait what?"
Axel came out from his closet and handed me the new sheets(which were black), our hands just barely touching, sending tingles up both our arms. I jumped back a little.
"Sorry..... Um..... Do those sheets make it hard to breath?" He asked.
I rubbed my hand along the fabric.
"No. Thank you." I said.
"You're welcome. We should head back." He started to walk out the door.
I followed behind him. We went back to the pack house, and I went straight to my room to put the new sheets on. To my surprise, someone knocked on my door and from the smell I knew it was Axel. I opened my door.
"Hey... Um.... Sorry.... I just thought..... Maybe it would help if someone else took the sheets off for you so it wouldn't be hard for you to breath....." He scratched the back of his neck.
"Oh..... Thanks.... Again..." I stepped aside so he could come in.
He walked over to my bed, took the blanket off gently, and ripped the sheets off. He then folded up the sheet and walked out of the room. I put the new sheets on, the blanket and laid down exhausted from interacting with people all day. After a few minutes I fell asleep, my dreams normal.
_______________________________________________

2561 words.

Right now it's 3:37 AM And in two hours I'm going to be helping in a youth group yard sale, then I'm going to a party, all while running on no sleep. I don't actually mind, because maybe it will help me sleep at a regular time.
/\
That up there.... was two or three months ago, because that's how long it's been since I wrote this........ Sorry?......