Chapter 28 - "Who's Cameron?"

I hope that you look in the mirror today and your first thought is "hey... I'm super cute"!:)
_____________________________________________

(Scarlets POV)

"... and if you can't see that then there is no point in trying to talk to you. I'm going back to work." I shut the door behind me as I left.
He didn't try to stop me, which was good because I didn't know what I would've done, but it wouldn't have been good.
I stomped my way to my post, and I think the look on my face said it all, cause the guy didn't even try to tell me I was off today.
The only problem was.... I was still wearing his shirt...
Nobody noticed though... until my lunch break.
"Are you?..." Jordan pointed toward the item of clothing.
"What?" I looked down. Crap. ".... yes, he let me borrow it."
I tried to play it off like it was nothing, but on the inside I was dying.
"... okay." He nodded.
"Cute shirt." Thomas walked in, a smirk on his face.
"Thanks..."
Robert just looked surprised.
Yep. I died that day.
After lunch I went back to my post. That's when Cameron showed up.
"Hey, cutie." He leaned on the wall behind me.
I didn't Acknowledge him.
"So-" he paused. "... what's that smell?"
Crap.
"Are you- is this a guys shirt?" He lifted the shoulder fabric.
"Yes." I jerked the sleeve away.
"Why are you wearing a guys shirt?" His tone became serious.
"Because I can."
"Don't-" he huffed. "why are you wearing a guys shirt?"
"It's my friends shirt and he let me borrow it. Now, shove off."
"Whatever." He growled, finally leaving.
My day didn't get any better from there; at least five people tried to leave, two even shifted, then Sam called, asking if I could help him brush his mates hair, which I couldn't say no to, so I had to have someone come to cover part of my shift. Tara wanted to talk and I had to say I couldn't which made her sad, and pretty much my whole day was just crap.
Then I got home.
Once I shut the door I heard him. I ran upstairs and opened his door.
It was so much worse then I thought.
He was rocking back-and-forth, gasping for air, his sobbing making it hard to take a breath. The letters were everywhere except near him. Once he started hyperventilating, I couldn't stand it anymore. I rushed over to him, taking his hands away from his face, I hugged him.
He was still hyperventilating.
I pulled away to look at his face. "Hey-hey. Look at me."
He did.
"Hold your breath until you think you can control it. Okay? Can you do that for me?"
He nodded, doing as I said.
"Good... Good." I rubbed his back reassuringly.
Once he began to breath again, somewhat regularly, I went back to holding him, trying to stay calm and keep him calm.
He didn't stop crying once, only got to the point where he could talk, but he didn't want to.
He laid down after a while.
I sat there, gently petting his head until he drifted off to sleep.
Once I new for sure he was asleep, I quietly picked up every letter and put them back in the box, setting it by his bed.
I shut the door behind me as I left, and went to my room.
I couldn't stop tears from coming to my eyes; it's never fun seeing your mate cry, especially like that.
I wiped them away, and headed for the shower.
My sleep that night was restless.

The next few days I didn't see Axel, he, from what I heard, didn't leave his office except to eat.
My days were slow, and my nights were normal.
Cameron didn't bother me as much.
But on the fourth day, I walked in the front door after a day of work, nothing different, until I reached the stairs and realized he had come home today; his sent was more resent.
Bam!
Thump thump thump
Thump thump thump
All I saw was a disheveled Axel running down the stairs before I felt his arms wrap around me.
"I'm sorry I keep doing this. I'm sorry I keep hurting you because I'm angry. I'm sorry I keep pushing you away, and I'm sorry I keep leaving before you can explain anything." He mumbled into my hair.
I sighed, but it come out more like a giggle. "I forgive you, for all those things, but there's one thing you forgot to apologize for."
"Wha?" He pulled away.
"Think about it."
His head tilted as he thought.
"Oh." He nodded. "I'm sorry I called you Crow."
"Forgiven." I smiled before making sure he understood what I was about to say. "Just make sure it never happens again."
"Yes ma'am."
*Thats hot. Make him say it again!*
~Your a freak.~
I smirked anyway, because let's be honest (it was kinda cute...) and started to make my way up the stairs. "I'll explain things tomorrow if that's okay with you?"
"Alright."
I didn't get the best sleep that night, knowing I would have to change yet another huge part of his life.

I woke up early.
I knew I wouldn't have to work for a few hours so I stayed in my pajamas. When I got down stairs I made some coffee, and sat at the table waiting for Axel, when there was a knock at the door.
"Hi." He leaned on the frame.
"Cameron, why, at this hour, on this day, in my lifetime... are you here?" I rolled my eyes.
"I just came to say good morning, and I'll be seeing you later today, since I'm taking the first half of your shift."
"First off; since you're here, it is a terrible morning. Second off; I seriously doubt your the one who's supposed to be taking my shift, because that would mean I have the worst luck in the world."
"Why? Because you hate seeing me work so hard only to not be comforted in your arms?" He leaned in.
I shut the door in his face.
I grabbed myself some coffee and sat back at the table.
"Hi?" Axel stepped in.
I looked at him intently. "Who did you give part of my shift today?"
"Um... Beta Ryan... why?" He grabbed a pan.
"Why him?"
"He was free, and he practically volunteered." He seemed completely oblivious to the seething dislike I had for that boy.
"Ugh!" I slammed my arms onto the table. "Can I ask you something? Do you hate me?"
He whipped his head around, a slight hurt look in his eyes. "What?! No!! What makes you think that?"
"I wasn't being serious. It's just.... how many times can someone of my rank... punch a Beta before they get punished?"
"What are you talking about?" He turned around to stare at me.
"It's just, Cameron makes me want to strangle someone, particularly him. He's such a douche canoe!"
He tilted his head. "Who's Cameron?"
"The Beta who's taking part of my shift today."
"Ryan? Is that his second name or something?"
"No. Cameron is his first name."
"How do you know that?"
"His mom calls him that."
"And how do you know his mom?" His shoulders tensed.
"I've known him for about three years now, and when I went to his pack, I ran into his mom. Sweat lady."
"Hm." He faced the stove again.
"Anyway, that's not important, what's important is that I'm going to have to deal with him all day." Just thinking of him made me uncomfortable.
"What do you mean? He's not going to finish your shift with you." He shrugged.
"Maybe he's not supposed to, but rest assured he will be there the whole time. I have no doubt he'll try to 'escort' me back here. Like dude! Get the hint already!"
He didn't say anything, just handed me my plate.
"Thank you. Anyway, lets get to the real subject."
"Alright." He nodded.
"Okay.... I don't really know a better way to start this, so I'll just cut to the chase." I moved my plate over."you know how your wolf's coat is black, and when you shift you have clothes and stuff?"
"... yeah?..." He paused.
"That's because your a special kind of wolf. You are one of many who had that ability."
"Really?"
"There is a prophecy about wolves with black coats who have ability's that are unlocked by finding there mate, and more with excepting them..." I hesitated. " in said prophecy, the black wolf is always a mate to the wolf with the white coat, who has there own ability's."
"But... that would mean that.... you?"
"... Yes."
This might take a while.
_____________________________________________
1468 words