Chapter 13 - "We need to find her!"

Hey! I hope you don't trip today!:)
_______________________________________________

(Scarlets POV)

I walked through the forest, my face covered in dirt, scratches, and dried blood.
"Hello?" I called quietly. "Hello? Is anyone there?"
Slowly I came to a place I recognized. I started to run in the direction I new would lead me home.
"Hello?! Can anyone hear me?! I need help!" I continued.
"Hello?" Someone answered. I could tell it was a younger boy; his voice was deeper then the average girl my age but was still high pitched.
"Hello!" My calls got more frantic. "Please I need help! Where are you?!"
"Right here." He stepped in front of me with a look of concern. I knew him; he was the Alphas son.
"I need help! My Momma and Daddy won't wake up! Please let them be asleep." I mumbled through tears.
"What?! I.... I'll go get help. You stay here." He ran off back into the woods, leaving me to cry as he got help.

I gasped.
"I haven't dreamt about that in years...." I thought.
Slowly I sat up and grabbed my phone. I put my ear buds in, opened my music app and turned on my favorite playlist. Once the music started to play I laid back down and closed my eyes, giving myself time to just enjoy the music.

I was sitting in the room that, once I sat down, I realized everyone had left, probably to give me space. I looked at my black dress; it flowed to just above my feet. My sleeves held tight to my arms, all the way down to my wrists. The neckline was just at my collar bone. My face was streaked with tear tracks from days of crying, but I was not crying today. I sat in this room that no one wanted to be in, looking like an empty shell for two hours, until it was time to sit in another room with people who didn't want to be there looking like an empty shell while pack members talked of times we all used to share with them, times we used to laugh with them, and how they would want us to keep on sharing times together in their absence, how they would want us to keep laughing together in their absence; I couldn't stand it. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, but I couldn't.

Knock knock
I sat up and looked at the door.
"Come in." I called.
"Hey. I made breakfast for us. Want some?" Tara asked.
"Sure." I turned off my phone, set it down, got up, and headed out the door with her.
We walked down stairs and to the dining room were she had our food. We ate in silence and when I was done I excused myself and walked back to my room. I took a shower and got dressed, then headed back down stairs and out the door. I needed to talk to Axel.

"Stop that!" I laughed.
"Fine." He sighed, ceasing his tickle attack. He never could deny any of my request.
"Thank you." I giggled.
"Yeah." He chuckled, touching my cheek.
I smiled as I ran, not being able to contain my energy.
"Hey! Get back here!" He ran after me with a smirk.
We played for hours on end, me running, him chasing after me and finally catching me, then asking for a hug, and of course I would give him one, his face was to cute and nice to say no to, but good times always come to an end; he had been doing home work, while I had finished mine hours before. I was playing outside by myself when I saw Ayrith, Axels mom, just in the tree line and slowly going farther in. I followed her quietly, so as to not alert her of my presence.

I walked toward his house slowly, giving myself time to think about what exactly I was going to say. Just before I arrived, I smelled something horrible; Rogues. I looked around when I saw some movement in the trees, and I knew it was them. I ran back to the pack house, hoping to find Jordan or Thomas or Robert or really anyone who could help.

Snap
I looked down at my foot which had stepped on a twig, effectively getting Ayriths attention.
"Scarlet. You can come out now. I've known you were there for quite some time." She looked at me, her eyes full of sadness.
"Where are you going?" I asked.
"Away." She answered. "I can't explain everything right now, but Quinton will. I'm sorry."
Soon we were surrounded by, what I could only assume were Rogues. All I saw was blood. All I heard was screaming, then it was silent, and the Rogues, along with Ayrith, were gone.

I saw him.
"Jordan! Rogues, near Axels house!" I yelled.
He looked at me, and ran past me. We ran toward Axels house, and Thomas had started following us along the way.
As we came up on the building, I could see Axel look out into the trees with an expression of panic. Jordan began to move faster, and the rest of us followed in suit. I could feel his eyes on me just before we followed the retreating Rogues.

I screamed. She was gone and I didn't know where. There was no trace of her like there had been for my parents.
"Help! Please! Someone!" I sobbed. "We need to find her! Please! Anyone!"
It was happening again. It was happening again!
I wailed for half an hour before Quinton found me. He carried me home and sat me on the couch until I stopped crying.
"What happened?" He asked calmly.
"A-Ayrith... She's g-gone! I don't know where she w-went!-"
"Shh.... Calm down. Deep breaths." He soothed. "Now. What do you mean."
"W-we were walking through the w-woods, and she said she was s-sorry, and then, they just came out of nowhere a-and she was gone..."
"What?"
We looked at the doorway to find Axel standing there, wide eyed.
"What do you mean she's gone? I-is she..... Dead?" He asked.
"I.... I don't know." I mumbled.
"You have to know! You were there!" Angry tears hit the floor.
"Axel. Calm down. She's in shock, She's hurt, you can't just throw that guilt on her."
As soon as he heard I was hurt he stiffened. He took one step forward, and ran up the stairs to his room.
"It's okay. He's just in pain and angry, and when you're angry you do stupid things." He sighed.
"..... Why are you so calm about this?" I looked at him.
He sighed. ".... Because-"
_______________________________________________

1127 words.