She looked straight at me when she said, "You don't look fine. You're face is pale and you're sweating a little bit."

"I'm fine, really," I tried brushing off.

"O'Reilly," she said sternly, giving me a knowing look. "Are you going into labor? Are you having contractions?"

I squrimed in my seat before answering her. "Yeah, I'm having contractions, but I'm fine. They're not that bad."

"Not that bad?" she questioned skeptically. "I've noticed, Riles, and you've been having them about every fifteen minutes and they're lasting for a while. You need to get to a hospital."

I shook my head. "I'm fine, seriously." There was only thirty minutes left of class, I could do it.

"O'Reilly, just get up and go--"

"Ms. Holmes, Ms. Owens," Professor Adams called up to us. When I turned to look at him, his eyebrows were raised. "What is so important that you had to interrupt my lecture?"

"O'Reilly's in labor, but she's too stubborn to get up and go to the hospital," Kelsie blurted before I could shut her up. I sent her a glare before looking down at the professor again.

"Really, I'm fine," I tried to say. Just as I was sure I could make a convincing argument, I felt warmth trickle over the thighs of my jeans. I looked down and saw a huge wet spot, making it looked like I peed. My water had broken.

"Well, shit," I said, loud and clear, not really caring that I was in the middle of the lecture hall and my English professor and fifty other people were present.

"Ms. Holmes," Adams warned before he realized why I had cursed. "Oh!" he said in surprise, his eyes widening. "Do you need me to call the hospital?"

I shook my head, an ambulance being the last thing I needed. What I needed was a comfortable bed to curl up in and some drugs in me to dull the pain. That sounded perfect right now.

"No, I'll just go outside and call a friend," I said, knowing Mason wouldn't have left for work yet. It was only nine-thirty and his shift didn't start until eleven. "Help me walk out?" I asked Kelsie. She nodded and I grabbed up my laptop and notebook and stuffed them in my bag before she helped me out of my seat.

Once I was out of the auditorium, I whipped out my phone and dialed Mason's number, not having the patience to look through my contacts. Luckily, he must have been near his phone and picked up on the second ring.

"Hello?" he asked and I realized I had dialed his house phone.

"Hey, Mason, it's O'Reilly," I greeted, realizing he probably didn't recognize the number.

"Oh, hey babe, what's up? How are you?" he asked, genuinely seeking the answer. I smiled at his caring tone before I remembered what I had called for.

"I'm good, but I just went into labor and I'm at the college," I said. "Can you come pick me up and take me to the hospital?"

"You're in labor?" he asked, but he didn't wait for the answer. "Okay, I'll be there in a couple minutes."

"Okay, I'll be waiting in the parking lot. Thanks, Mason." I hung up before he could say goodbye since my body decided right then was a great time to tear itself in two.

I gripped on to Kelsie's fingers tightly, not in the right state of mind to consider the fact that I was probably breaking her hand. She didn't seem to mind though, as she just let me wait it out. When I was able to actually function again, she led to to the entrance of the school and sat with me on a bench near the parking lot.

Everything I've Never Had (COMPLETE)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara