You Gotta Go There to Come Back

Start from the beginning

___

Claudia and Haley were both working a shift at Karen's Cafe. 

"Business seems to have dropped off lately, and I'm beginning to take it personally." Deb stated looking at the almost empty cafe.

"Oh don't, no, it's the University, they're on a break. It will pick up soon." Haley said wiping down a table.

"You know, Karen actually always thought we should do live entertainment to bring people in, like um...like an open mic night." Claudia suggested and Haley smiled over at Claudia.

"Claudia you can sing and everyone will come in." Haley squealed and Claudia shook her head.

"Sorry I am not singing." Claudia laughed looking at Haley who pouted.

"Hmm, well that's a great idea." Deb smiled and Claudia was so happy with those six words.

"You think?" Claudia asked nervously.

"Yeah absolutely, but let me run it by Lucas first, you know, make sure he's ok with the idea." Deb said.

"Yeah or, I could talk to him. I mean he hasn't popped in much lately." Claudia suggested considering that she lived with Lucas.

"Yeah yeah I've noticed. No that's one of the reasons I want to talk to him myself." Deb said and Claudia just nodded her head. 

"Ok. Well if you have this ghost town under control, then I have a study session with Nathan." Claudia said placing her apron on the table and grabbing her bag.

"Claudia, I'm glad you're seeing Nathan. He's lucky to have someone like you." Deb said smiling at Claudia.

"Thanks. Bye!" Claudia smiled before hugging Haley. Then she left. 

___

Claudia was trying to make flyers for the open mic night but she gave up and decided to call Nathan, who was on the road with his dad.

"Look you left without saying goodbye." Claudia teased and Nathan laughed at her. 

"What are you doing?" Nathan asked and Claudia looked down at her horrible flyers.

"Oh just marveling at my lack of artistic ability. How's the amazing race?" Claudia asked changing the subject. 

"Well, it's about as well as can be expected." Nathan said.

"Well, I wish you were here. We're doing this open mic thing at the café tomorrow." Claudia stated smiling to himself.

"So I'm gone for 2 hours and you go all Hollywood on me." Nathan joked and Claudia laughed to herself.

"Yeah that's me, Glamour girl. Hey you want to say hi to your mom?" Claudia asked knowing that Deb was in the back.

"No, uh, it's bad timing. Look, let me give you a call back alright? Bye." Nathan replied and Claudia hung up the phone.

"How's he doing?" Deb asked walking out of the back.

"Well there was no gun play or screaming so I'm assuming pretty well. He said to say "hi"." Claudia smiled and then Deb saw the flyers.

"Claudia, these um, these flyers..." Deb said concernley and Claudia laughed.

"Suck! Yeah, uh huh! I know! I know! I'm trying everything!" Claudia exclaimed as she looked out the window. She saw Peyton.  "Hang on!" She stated running past Keith who was walking int he cafe. "Hi Keith, bye Keith!" Claudia shouted as she ran over to Peyton.