Chapter 6: Part 1 Edited

Chapter 6: Part 1 "Refusal"

"What? Marry the daughter of the Lin family?" The man in his early twenties yelled in disbelief. He was wearing a glamorous red hanfu with golden dragon  embroidery.

He glared at his own father. He was angry and frustrated. His father sighed, the Emperor who was sitting on his thrown was staring at his oldest son standing in front of him. His wife, the Empress, glanced at her husband nervously, she was shocked of what her son said.

"Yes. LingYi, you are going to marry Lin Yixin and make her your Empress, when you take over the throne and become the Emperor." the Emperor spoke in a serious tone.

"But I am not willing to marry her, father. Your son already has someone he loves and would like to marry." The Crown Prince, LingYi, argued.

The Emperor became furious with his son's answer. He slammed his hand on the table which made the tea cups to fall down and break into a million pieces. Tea was spilled everywhere making the carpet  stained with an unpleasant color.

The eunuchs, maids, and guards were also startled from the commotion. They froze and were afraid that if they move, it would cause their lives.

"LingYi! You do what I say now! I know what is best for you and what is bad for you! Soon you will be leading this country after I retire. You are not a child anymore, you are 24 years old!
Stop whining like a small kid! Me and your mother have told you many times to find a suitable bride, someone worthy to be an empress. But no, you kept telling us that it is still early to marry and you keep playing around. Well, this Emperor cannot wait anymore. We found you a perfect bride, approved by me and your mother. Now you are going to marry Lin YiXin or I will take your title as crown prince and you will no longer have the chance to be an Emperor.
Do you understand?" Emperor spatted, standing up from his seat seething with anger. LingYi stiffened and showed a face of disbelief.

The Emperor clearly knew that the Crown Prince worked hard to keep his position. LingYi exceeded the Emperor's expectations and was picked for crown prince against his other brothers.

"But father, I have someone I love. I want to marry her. She would be perfect to be my wife and Empress." The Crown Prince reasoned out.

"I don't care whether you love somebody or not! I had already given you enough time to bring a suitable bride but you were the one who delayed it! Your time is up and you will only marry the Lin family 's daughter, Lin Yixin. This is my order whether you like it or not." The Emperor stated and stormed out of the study room.

"Son, mother thinks father is right. Minister Lin's daughter would be perfect to be your partner. Mother already did a background check on her and she seems to be a kind and sweet girl. So mother thinks she will be best for you." The Empress told LingYi, as she smiled at him.

The Crown Prince who loved his mother dearly couldn't deny his mother's request. He could not win against his mother and nodded in defeat and forced a smile.

He never thought that his mother, who always take his side, would side with his father.

As her son agreed, Empress Wei Lan beamed in happiness and hugged her son.

"Son, mother had asked for a good day for you to marry and it came to be in 12 days time. Mother can't wait to see you marry Lin Yixin." Empress told LingYi as she happily smiled while they walked out of the study room.

                        ---------------------------
Editor: ely_88

Think the marriage will be going  to happen  fast.

I want to post crown prince lingyi but I won't be. It will be save for next chapter.

 It will be save for next chapter