Chapter 2 Part 1

Chapter Part 1: The Story of Chu SiYang

To secure both families' wealth, Chu Siyang's parents were both put in an arranged marriage. Although the parents said that, through marriage, love will soon grow between the two, it was only a one-sided love. Her father did not love her mother instead she was nothing but a bed warmer, even though her mother knew this, she was still happy that she was useful to him. After a while, their relationship finally bared fruit, Siyang was finally born.

Her grandparents from her father's side loved their daughter in law and when they found out how he treated her, they declared that the majority of their wealth will be given to their daughter in law. As soon as the father heard of this, he grew angry with the pair of mother and daughter.

Siyangs's grandparents were traditional and so, they were very strict. Her grandfather majors in traditional Chinese medicine and is well-known by many because of his company. Unfortunately to her grandparents, her father was not interested in the old ways at all and went on to a different path and opened his own business.

Then, her mother died in a car accident when she was on her way to pick up Siyang from her grandparents. She was only a year old at that time, a small child who does not even know how to say mother yet. As soon as her mother died, her father disowned Siyang and was left in the care of her grandparents. Her father brought in a woman and two children, claiming that they were his kids. Her grandparents, who couldn't believe this, immediately demanded a DNA test. The results, they were his biological children.

Like those stereotypical step-mothers, she was two-faced, sweet to her when her father was around but mean when her father was not. The abuse from the three went so far that she had decided to move out to her grandparent's house.

Fortunately, although Siyang was not as beautiful and social as her step-sisters, she had her own charms. She was able to learn many musical instruments such as the flute and zither and later on devoted herself to learning Chinese medicine.

-------------------------------------
AN: Guess it was long
Hehe~

edited by @/lazymaster

[Siyin: Her mother in ancient ]

[Lin ZuJia : Her father in ancient ]