Signal

Natsu pushed himself up on all fours after being hit by the aftershock of the strange attack from the mountains. “What just happened?”

                Gray sat up, rubbing the back of his head. “We got caught up in some kind of blast.”

                Happy came out from behind a tree. “But it sounds like all the dragons we heard earlier are gone.”

                Natsu got up on his feet. “Erza was in that direction. We need to go check it out to see if she’s ok?”

                “Right,” they all agreed. They all picked themselves up and headed in the direction of the earlier blast.

*

                Erza rested against a partly uprooted tree near the crumbled mountain that had become a crater.

                “Erza!” Natsu and the others ran out from behind the tree to find the S class wizard. “I thought I smelled you.”

                Erza tightened her eyelids before she opened them up. She held her side and clenched her teeth as she struggle to sit up.

                “You’re hurt, Erza.” Wendy sat down beside her and instantly started to heal her with one of her spells.

                “Don’t worry about me we have to find Laxus and Lucy,” Erza said as she struggled to get up.

                Gray had his head down with his fist balled up. “Erza, we remember who they are,” the ice wizard said. Natsu bit down on his teeth and balled up his fist so hard they shook. “Which means?”

                “They’re alive,” Erza spoke that shocked everyone. “That is the last time I saw them when they broke Zane’s spell.”

                “They broke the spell?” Wendy said in confusion.

                “I thought that was impossible?” Gray questioned.

                Erza smirked with one of her eyes closed. “That spell never took on Fairy Tail wizards before.”

                Natsu pumped his fist into the air with huge smile on his face. “Yeah, I knew those two wouldn’t go down without a fight.”

                Erza picked herself up on her feet. “But I’m afraid they hadn’t fully recovered from their time in the forest when they were blasted by that spell that separated us. They could be badly hurt and if Zane is still alive he’ll no doubt go after them.”

                “What? He’s still alive?” Gray responded.

                “When his spell failed to kill Lucy and Laxus he gained back his body with his exchange magic,” Erza informed them.

                Suddenly the ground in front of Erza broke open and a dragon appeared. It opened its jaw wide, scaring all of the wizards who hadn’t seen the unison raid. The dragon flew toward them.

                Erza rushed forward and requiped into her lightning empress armor. She got in front of the others and slammed her fist down on the ground, creating a barrier to hold off the dragon that turned into lightning and dispersed.

                So I was right, when Lucy and Laxus combine their attacks Laxus used Lucy’s stars as a type of lacrima to shape his lightning into dragons and combine that with his projection magic to give the full force of dragons, Erza thought. But why are they still around? They should have been dispelled when Lucy and Laxus finished their attack.