Star War

There was no need for anyone to inform them. The window that stretched all over the left wall in Lillibet's room could show how ships started appearing from nowhere. They would come into existence with great speed, and then halt immediately. One by one, the dark, empty space was filled with small spacecrafts.

As Hux and Lillibet left the room to go to their posts, two more ships appeared. Those were big ones. There were huge, almost as much as the one they were in. The Rebels had clearly brought everything they had to that fight.

Hux was the one who should be in the control room as quickly as possible; he was the General. In fact, he should never had left. Yet, he refused to leave Lillibet before she was in her TIE Fighter, and they had said their goodbyes. And when that moment came, no matter how much they couldn't stall, or how many people were running here and there to get ready, Hux decided to take his time.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?"

His calm, steady voice took her by surprise. Her hands left the cold metal handles of the Fighter, even though what they should be doing instead was lifting her in.

"No..." Her cheeks blushed.

"You sure?"

Lillibet chuckled. "Yeah."

"No.. that can't be right." His arms wrapped around her lower waist, his eyes looking behind her, acting confused. "I think about it all the time. There is no way I've never said it before."

Lillibet just smiled in return. Hux turned his eyes to look at hers again, and slightly touched her nose with his. "You are the strongest... smartest... most beautiful being I have ever met."

"You're not so bad yourself."

Hux laughed. His laughter was like music to her ears, and she was so thankful she got to hear it. He gave her a peck on the lips and pulled away, checking for people who might have seen them. But this time, truly no one cared enough to notice.

His eyes followed her as she got into the spacecraft. There wasn't a hint of sadness or fear in them. He knew by that time how great she was at everything she did. Plus, he didn't want to dispirit her by looking afraid.

The door closed and he moved away. But the moment he turned around to start running to the control room, he bumped into a Stormtrooper.

"General, sir!" the trooper exclaimed. "The Supreme Leader requests your presence in the throne room immediately. He added the girl be brought with you."

Lillibet hadn't started yet. She watched the Stormtrooper talk to Hux, suspecting what was being said. They had forgotten about Kylo for a moment there. How angry he was at her escaping, and at Hux, for costing them resources and time via her. But now what they had imagined seemed diminutive, and their brains couldn't fully apprehend Kylo's emotions. Because they were so strong, he requested the General during an attack!

All Hux had to do was turn around and look at her, for Lillibet to know. She jumped out of the TIE Fighter again.

"Let's go..." she beckoned.

Fighters from both sides were already moving around in the imaginary battlefield of vacuum, and doing nothing to help felt like a stab in their stomachs. They rode the elevator in silence, scenes form all the things that could happen playing in their minds. Hux's hand slipped into hers, and held it tightly. But made sure he had taken it back by the time they reached their destination.

The room was cold; colder than usual. Kylo wasn't seated on his throne, but instead was standing in a corner, watching the battle take place. He was quiet for too long. That only made him more intimidating.