The Battle

Suddenly, the boy jumped, doing a flip in the air, and falling with force over Lillibet's head. She had just enough time to move away, her lightsaber coming in contact with his anyway. And now that they were on the same level, the battle could begin.

He attacked first, but she held up her saber and blocked it effectively. She wasn't pushed back like the time Kylo had attacked her the same way. This time her arms were strong enough to withhold any pressure, and even push back. After that first hit, everything else became almost a blur. Their swords were moving so fast, it was impossible to say they apprehended what they were doing. Lillibet was definitely not. Her arms were moving faster than her brain could possible think and order them to. And his movements were faster than her eyes could see, in order to block his attacks.

I'm going to die... she cried inside her head.

She was moving backwards with speed, not able to see where she was going. And the boy kept pushing her, attacking her head, then her side, and sometimes even her legs. Her red lightsaber would meet his green one every time. They would touch and emit a whitish light together.

After pushing him backwards a bit, she turned around to see where she was going. She needed to get closer to her spacecraft, but he had destroyed her watercraft. She saw a rope bridge and decided to run to it.

A sharp feeling landed on her right upper arm. It burnt. It hurt so much. When training  with the lightsaber set to low power, all it could do on impact was give you a small bruise. But this was so  much worse.

Her head turned around immediately, to face the Jedi again. She clenched her jaw in anger, as she raised her saber to strike him. Yes. She was no longer just defending herself. She was fighting back.

With only just a couple of hits, she managed to hit flesh. She scratched him all over the left side of his stomach, and sent him to the ground. She could just finish it right there; he was vulnerable. But she just ran to the bridge.

It moved around too much and she was scared she might fall. But she kept going full speed. Until suddenly, about in the middle of the bridge, it started falling off her feet, and she was in the air. Gravity got a hold on her, and the rocks that laid beneath the bridge would finish what it started.

Lillibet grabbed the ropes with all her strength, and started swinging in the air. She hit the rocks of the island she was trying to cross to, as the bridge fell flat. The impact made her slide a little further down, but she managed not to fall. She finally looked back, and saw the boy with his green saber ignited, standing where the bridge used to begin. He had cut the ropes himself, and was watching to see whether she would die.

At the view of Lillibet having survived and hanging in mid air, he started running towards the next bridge. She shut her eyes tightly, trying to push back some tears. Beneath her there were pointy, shard rocks that would slice her in half. Above her, a man with a lightsaber would wait to strike her down. She was definitely going to die there.

But that didn't mean she would just give up. Hux's face was suddenly projected in her mind, giving her more strength to keep going. Her arm was in great pain from the wound, but she still started lifting herself up, climbing the vertical bridge. The next bridge was further away, and the boy was wounded too, so there was a chance for her to make it to safety before he arrived. And that's exactly what happened. Just when she pushed herself on her feet, she only had time to ignite her lightsaber, and he was there.

They started dueling again the same way, with her moving backwards and him pushing forward. But this time she was striking too. Fury had consumed her body. She wasn't just in survival mode; she was in killing mode. She would duck and go for his legs. He would jump back and go for her head. She hit rocks next to them, and sparks flew all over the place. He scratched the ground beneath them, making it crack open. But they always moved towards the next bridge, the next island. Lillibet wanted to go there because it was where she landed her TIE Fighter. And she wanted to be close enough to flee.

They finally reached the next bridge, and this one was made of stone. As they fought right next to it though, a blaster from one of the Fighters hit it right in the middle, exploding everything. For a moment, they both stopped to look at the bridge going down. But Lillibet didn't have enough time to even get disappointed, because another blazer bolt hit her ship, erupting it in flames. Great, now she was trapped down there.

Inevitably, they just circled around the small island, fighting. At some point Lillibet kicked some sand off of the ground and into his eyes, which gave her the opportunity to strike his legs. She didn't slice right through them though. Her goal wasn't to kill him, but just to incapacitate him in order to escape. But he didn't stop. He moved around a little slower, but still deadly. He managed to hit her too; just a little bit on her left thigh.

Their lightsabers came into contact, right in front of their faces, and as they pushed, she grabbed his hand and moved it to the side. With a kick, he was jolted back. A different kind of spacecraft came closer to the ground of that island, and landed just about fifty meters away from them. It was a First Order ship, so apparently it was there to get her.

The young Jedi came on to her with force, screaming as his green saber moved to strike her. Her red one met it half way and blocked it, but couldn't make it fly back. He stepped forward, closing the gap between them. No matter how hard she pushed, he was pushing back. For a few moments they stayed there, their lightsabers so close to their faces they could feel the heat burning their skin. His eyes glew fiery under the light of the blades. And there was no movement at all. Lillibet stepped back quickly, making both of the sabers slide to the ground. Securing her right foot on the ground, she raised the left one, twisted her body, and kicked the lightsaber out of his hand.

Yes! I knew my tae-kwon-do years weren't in vain!

Continuing to twist, her left elbow impacted with his chin with force, making him stumble backwards. One more hit from her knee on his sternum was all it took for him to fall on the ground, almost motionless. Lillibet powered off her saber, and moved over him. She saw him stretching out his arm with difficulty, and recognized the motion immediately. It was the same with what Kylo had done to make her fly across the room. He was using the force.

The green lightsaber suddenly jumped of the ground and moved with incredible speed towards them. Reflexively, she punched the air, hoping to stop it. And, miraculously, she did! Maybe that was the Force helping her after all.

She ignited her red saber again, moving it close to the boy's throat, so that he wouldn't make any other attempts to fight. Reaching forward, she grabbed his lightsaber that she had just punched away from his hands, and secured it on her belt. Now it would just be stupid of him to try and fight her. She didn't want to kill him, so she just hoped he would be smart enough to let her leave.

She slowly stepped back, the saber still ignited. Then, after watching him not move for a while, she turned around and started running to the ship that had landed there before. But just a couple of meters away from the gate, she froze. She couldn't move. With the corner of her eye she saw the Jedi having sat up and his arms stretching to her direction. Was he using the Force to stop her?

The longer she stayed in that state, the angrier she got.  She watched him slowly push himself up and start walking to her. I guess he was walking because he was too weak and wounded to run.

No! Lillibet thought. I am boarding on this ship and you're not coming.

She gathered all her strength and focused it on her legs. It felt like two trucks were tied with ropes around them, and trying to move forward meant dragging them with her. But she did it anyway. Snarling nonsense at first, and then plain up screaming, she moved her right leg, and took a small, sharp step. Then the next step was a little easier. And after the third one, the pressure was lifted all together. She ran the fastest she could and got into that spacecraft. While lifting up the gate, she turned around and had enough time for just a glimpse of the Jedi's face. He looked terror stricken. Perhaps he had gathered that she couldn't use the Force at all. But even if she could, what she had just done was beyond imagination.