Safe Haven

Lillibet spotted Hux walking around, checking everyone that got back, while getting off the spacecraft she rode in. He hadn't seen her yet, and she didn't try to get his attention immediately. She just wanted to watch him do his thing. After that battle, something inside her made looking at him a lot more satisfying.  Who knew how many chances she would get to do that?

Finally, his eyes landed on her tormented body, and his whole face lit up. He ran towards her. At first it looked like he was going to hug her, but then he contained his feelings.

"Your TIE Fighter was hit!" he exclaimed.

"Oh, yes. I wasn't in it."

Hux pressed his lips together, clearly trying to hold back a smile. Nothing had ever made him more relieved than seeing she was safe and sound. His gaze started sliding all over her body, taking in as many information as he could. At first it looked like it paused on her lips a little too long. But then it definitely stopped on her arm.

"You were hit." His secret smile vanished, and a worried look took its place. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah... I'm fine. I made it here, didn't I?" Lillibet clenched her fists, trying to stop her hands from shaking. She was still in shock, but didn't want to show it. She might have been fine physically, but her brain hadn't stopped screaming that they're going to die even then.

"Good... The Supreme Leader wants to see you," he said.

She just nodded and walked towards the elevator. This time she knew exactly how to reach the throne room.

When the elevator door opened, and the red room was revealed behind it, images from her last visit there crossed her mind with fury. At least this time she was walking in a winner.

"Ah." Kylo sounded both indifferent and surprised to see her. "You're alive."

Lillibet started walking closer to the throne. She decided not to say anything, because the only thing that man made her want to say were curses.

"What happened?" he asked, leaning forward.

Her hand moved to her side and she freed the green lightsaber from her belt. She stretched her arm to show it to him. At the view of it, Kylo's eyebrows were raised high in surprise. He had seen she was still alive, right there, but that to him didn't mean she had won the fight. It probably meant she had run away.

"You killed him?" All of a sudden he was interested.

Lillibet let her arm fall to her side. "No."

"Why not?" he snarled.

"I was only instructed to fight him, not murder him. And that's what I did. I won. I disarmed him and left him seriously wounded."

The Supreme Leader was breathing heavily. "Did you at least use the Force?"

Lillibet thought about it for a while. "Um... I don't know. I think so."

"No, you didn't!" he snapped back. "If you had, you would know it." He gritted his teeth together, his eyes looking like the devil's. "You're useless."

To that, all she could do was look down and avoid eye contact. She had risked her life that day, but somehow she was still useless. More useless than any Stormtrooper?

"Give me the lightsaber," his voice was calmer. He didn't want to concern himself with her any longer. But Lillibet shook her head.

"No." Her voice was steady and determined. "I think I'm going to keep it."

"You already have a lightsaber..."

"Yeah... But I haven't decided yet which color I like best." And with that, she turned around to leave.