A Choice

For the next couple of days, Lillibet literally waited by the door for Hux to show up; he didn't. Maybe it was that they were preparing for the attack, and everyone looked busy somehow. Even the droids, running up and down in the corridors. Lillibet's lessons were cancelled because no one was there to be her tutor. Not that she needed one any more. But they wouldn't let her get a TIE Fighter by herself, for example, to train. No... Everything had to be in position, ready for battle.

But Hux could have found time to visit her, if he wanted to. He could drop by at the end of the day, before going to sleep. Or was he not sleeping at all? He was probably just avoiding her. Her best evidence for that theory was that she didn't even see him during lunch. Even if they sat across the dining room, they at least always saw each other during lunch.

Normally she would have been mad. That's what you do when someone kisses you one night and then disappears from the ship. But she wasn't. She knew there had to be an explanation for him being gone. Or even if there wasn't, she was ready to forgive him. She didn't care; she just wanted to see him again.

She wondered around the ship aimlessly. Having no obligations and no one to guard her, she could do anything. But there was nothing.

Wait...

She could do... Anything.

***

General Hux was in the control room of another ship, looking over all the people there. He had left to bring one more ship for the battle. But the order for him to do so was so sudden, he didn't even have time to talk to Lillibet. He honestly believed Kylo had done it on purpose; he must have sensed his compassion for her. But now he was almost back, and he couldn't stop him from seeing her. Oh, he wanted to see her so bad. Always had, but after the last night with her, knowing she wants to see him too, gave him almost as much pleasure as kissing her did.

He could just make contact with her. But he didn't want to risk anyone realising what was going on with the two of them. It might get her in trouble. Or him. Mostly him. But he only cared about her.

The moment he went to his chambers, a sound was heard, indicating that a connection was being carried out. He turned around, waiting to see Kylo, obviously. And Kylo appeared in a hologram.

"General Hux..." his deep voice sounded even deeper. "How is your mission going?"

"Everything worked like clockwork. We will be there in no time," Hux said with satisfaction. Because there was nothing Kylo could be mad at him about. Or was there?

"Good. At least you were successful in one of your missions..."

Oh no...

"Pardon?" Hux frowned.

The Supreme Leader's eyes stared at him with both anger and satisfaction, somehow. "I hope you haven't grown too attached to your little... lab rat... because she has escaped."

His lips parted, making way for him to breathe. He didn't know what hurt more in Kylo's words: the fact that Lillibet had left, or the fact that he had called her a lab rat.

"What do you mean... escaped?" he barely spoke.

"She took an escape pod and left. That will cost us!" Maybe seeing Hux fail wasn't enough to make Kylo happy. "I expect you to make up for your trainee's mess."

And with that, the connection was ended.

Hux stumbled across the room, searching for somewhere to sit down. She had left? After... After that night? He gulped. Maybe he was wrong about her. Maybe she was just using him, until she got the chance to leave. Of course she'd want to leave; she was a prisoner there!