Fear and Respect

Waking up had never felt so painful. Lillibet groaned and twisted in her bed, every single surface of her body aching. Her brain was blank, not knowing the place, the time she existed. Thus she jumped a little when she felt someone's arms wrapping around her waist.

"Are you alright?"

Hux's voice was husky and deep; deeper than usual. She turned around and saw his messy hair sticking up, his eyes only half open, his skin glowing red. What a wonderful way to wake up in the morning.

"I'm fine," she mumbled giving him a peck on the lips, and they thanked her by smiling in return.

His hands moved across her back, down her left thigh. His fingers caressed her scar gently, but it didn't hurt anymore. Just looking at her was enough to get him excited, let alone touching her. He pulled her in for a kiss and didn't let go. Until she did.

"Shouldn't we get ready? We will be there any time now."

'There' was a reference to the planet Zastiga on the edges of the Outer Rim Territories. After the battle, the Resistance had fled there. Or whatever remained of the Resistance anyway. They had nothing left; nothing to fight with, nothing to fight for. Rumors had it that there wouldn't even need to be another battle if the First Order went there. That they would just surrender.

Hux had been consistent with all his obligations all his life; never been late; never been unprepared. Yet being with Lillibet...

"So what if they wait for us a little bit? It's not like they're going to scold at us," Hux mumbled, refusing to pull away from her.

"Well, maybe not at you. But I might be in trouble."

He chuckled. "Trouble! Are you kidding? You are currently third in hierarchy in the First Order. Who would dare to even raise their voice at you?"

Lillibet supported her weight on her elbow to sit up. She narrowed her eyes. "Third? I think you mean second..."

"No..." Hux laughed, grabbing her wrists and pressing her on the mattress. "I'm pretty sure I meant third."

"Don't be ridiculous." They started wrestling playfully, both of them trying to get on top of the other, trying to prevail. "You're but a General. I have the Force."

"Having the Force doesn't make you my boss."

Hux had grabbed her legs and arms tightly, and for a few seconds she couldn't move. But then she gave him a hard push, and his back landed flat on the floor. She followed.

"No. But it does make me the first heir to the throne, doesn't it."

"Absolutely not!"

Hux had managed to immobilize her once more. "Come on..." she gave him a mischivieous smile and kissed his arm. "You didn't really think a mere mortal like yourself would ever become the Supreme Leader, did you?"

He just rolled his eyes. "You're not immortal."

"I'm invincible. Same thing."

And just like that, just as she got him distracted enough with her kisses, she turned everything upside down. And she was on top again. Hux lowered his gaze and repressed a smile.

"Yes you are..." he whispered. He sat up a bit, his hands moving from her legs to her arms, and securing them tightly. "If you managed to get Kylo Ren to fear you like that, you really are invincible."

Lillibet rolled her eyes, standing up. Her fingers ran through her long, curly hair trying to make it look better. "Come on now... He doesn't fear me. He just learned how to respect me. "