[51]: New Boyfriends & Family Heartbreak

Start from the beginning

"You coming in?" I ask Ash as I step out of his car.

"Of course." He smiles turning off his engine and following up to my front door.

"You just can't distract me; I need to finish my date dress design in the next day or two."

"I'll try not to." He grinned pulling me in for a brief kiss. "I love that I can just kiss you now."

"Me too." I smile up at him before pecking his lips. "Come on, I'm hoping my dad with make us a fry up if I use my best pout on him."

"And if he won't, I'll make us something."

"You can't make anything." I giggle unlocking the door, "You burnt the pasta for our spaghetti bolognaise last time."

"I didn't realise the water had dried up and the pasta burnt the bottom of the pan." He grinned following me inside.

"I'll cook us something; you'll burn the house down."

"Whatever; just give me food."

Downstairs was quiet as we made our way up to my room. Don't think anyone's home, looks like I'd be making our food. My mannequin was stood in the corner of my room with half a dress attached to it.

I dumped my bag on the floor and began picking up my needle and thread.

"Louuuuu." I heard Ash say from my bed.

"What?" I say looking over my shoulder at him.

"Come here a second."

"I can't"

"Pleaseeee."

I walk over to his side of my bed only to be pulled onto it. "What are you doing?" I grin as he moves to lie on top of me.

"This." He grins leaning down and kissing me.

"Ash I need to work on my dress." I sigh smiling up at him.

"I know and you can in ten minutes."

"You've got five." I reply before kissing him back.

Those five minutes turn into half an hour before I know it. Ash's top was lay at the bottom of my bed along with mine. I could feel how excited Ash was but neither of us were pushing to go any further, it was nice to just lay here and kiss each other. Just then I hear the front door close and my mum shout out.

"Lydia you here?"

"Yea, I'm with Ash." I reply pulling myself away from Ash much to his disappointment.

"Come here a minute please." She shouts back.

Sighing at Ash who was pouting at me, I push him off and grab my top, slipping it back on. Heading downstairs and into the kitchen I see mum rushing around the room before pushing past me and heading into the living room.

"Mum's what's wrong?" I ask, she was panicking I could see it all over her face.

"Your dad and I are going to up to see my parents for a few days; your granddad's...well he's had a stroke sweetie." Mum says coming to a standstill in front of me.

"What? Oh my god." I whisper feeling my eyes well up with tears. I felt Ash come behind me and wrap his arms around my waist, pulling me protectively towards him. "Is he okay?"

"We're not sure at the moment; I only know a few details from what Nan has told me. All I know is that he was taken in last night with a pain in his leg and was saying he couldn't feel his arm. They found a blood clot in his leg after a scan and then they operated on him this morning." She says; her voice thick with emotion. "But when he was talking to the doctor after he'd come around from his anaesthesia, he suffered a stroke, they say it's a fifty fifty chance of him surviving right now."