"Jules, pull your head out of your ass. This trip isn't about Zayn - it's about you. And if you're happier out of the house then we're taking you out of the house." He simply states.

I open my mouth to respond - to disagree but I can't form a sentence. I don't get much of a chance to find a response when Eleanor and Zayn walk out of the house with the last of the bags.

Zayn gives me a charming smirk before tossing in the last of the bags. Eleanor walks to Louis with a smile and then turns her kind smile to me.

Eleanor and I have never really talked or gotten to know each other but she was always kind to me. I enjoy her company just as much as Louis', I loved having her there on the double date at the laser tag arena.

How she was so free spirited and playful - especially when it came to Louis. I remember her telling me she was glad I kicked his butt during the game. I'm just glad her and Louis are so kind and lighthearted.

"Ready?" Zayn glances over to me with a patient look in his eyes. I nod and turn back to Louis and Eleanor.

"We'll meet you in town." Eleanor waves to us, walking away to their car. I get into the car next to Zayn.

Starting the car he quickly rests a hand on my leg before driving down the quiet road of his house. I glance back at Louis' car that follows a distance back, I shift my gaze the house that disappears.

Coming back for Christmas was going to be even worse. I know it. I chew on my lip while gripping onto Zayn's hand in the silence. The radio softly playing like usual - but I can't focus on what song might be on.

"It's alright love, don't feel bad." Zayn mumbles, his eyes focusing on the road as he turns onto the main street.

"Coming back for Christmas is going to be so awkward." I frown, staring out the window. Zayn laughs at my sentence and I stare at him in confusion. Why was he laughing at me?

"Love, I think I forgot to tell you but my mum doesn't exactly do traditional Christmas. We do dinner parties - Christmas night there's a huge gala event for her company and we all go to that." He explains softly.

Company? What exactly does Zayn's mom do... Perhaps she's in business - Steven was always going to extravagant events on holidays.

"What about Christmas morning, exchanging gifts." I state in a low tone.

"Seeing as we don't have gifts to give there's no reason to go back." He shrugs. I frown at that and shake my head. I would suck it up coming back to the house, I just wouldn't like it.

"No, we're coming back to the house for Christmas morning. Your family would want that."

"And should I give a fuck about that?" He questions harshly. I widen my eyes and stare at him. Zayn only seemed to talk negatively about his dad, this new attitude was quite... bizarre.

"You should." I nod slowly.

"They don't give a fuck about what I want - so why should I care about their wants?" He asks harshly. I lower my eyes and intertwine our fingers with a frown.

"You can't force them to like me Zayn." I say quietly.

"I can ask them to be nice, which they failed miserably at." He grumbles.

"Don't be mad at your family Zayn... especially this close to Christmas. Please." I whisper, looking up at him. His eyes are dead set on the road and he doesn't reply.

I don't want to come between him and his family. I certainly don't want to be remembered as the girl that turned him against his family. I know he cares for them - that he loves them, I just hope his anger simmers down a bit.