17. Letters (3)

An: SORRY THIS TOOK LONG TO GET OUT. i was lazy and also didn't know what to write also it's early morning for me right now i fell asleep pretty early n woke up early rn so i decided to finish this. btw this chapter is taking place in January bc this chapter was supposed to come out a week ago. ok that's all enjooyy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear John,

The semester is gonna end soon. :( Our classes are gonna change, meaning we can't write to each other! But good thing we have something in this world called texting. It's still sad though. I'm gonna miss sending you letters and stuff. And just the feeling I get when I wait for your letter. It gives me this excitement feeling that I never felt before. I like it. Yes, we could send letters our self but that's too much work.

Also, remember when I mentioned about a new guy coming to my school a few months ago? Probably not, but it's true! His name is Aaron Burr, but I just call him Burr. He doesn't look like an Aaron so I just call hm by his last name. He's a pretty cool guy. Shy, but cool! I try to see the good in people. :) Even with Angelica, though I still think she hates me.

Anyways, have you gotten closer to Samuel? I hope you did.

Your friend,
Alex

Dear Alex,

Yes, sadly the semester is coming to an end. Usually I'm pretty happy about that. It means we're getting closer to the end of the school year. And that means summer vacation. I love summer.

About the new kid, his last name sounds familiar... I don't remember where heard it from though.

I have been getting closer with Samuel.

Actually he even invited me to hang out on the weekend. I think we're just gonna walk around and talk and stuff.

I don't know what else to say now.

-John

Johnny,

Heh. Do you like that name? I just thought that you call me Alex for short and there's not really a way to make John shorter so why not make it longer?

You and Samuel hanging out? That's cool, I guess. Hope you and Samuel have fun..

Hey, I just thought about the time when you mentioned your brother. What's his name? What's he like? Younger or older? Or same age?

Your dearest, bestest, Pen Pal friend,
Alex :)

Alex,

Don't call me Johnny. Please. Ew. That name sounds weird to me. I mean, weird calling me Johnny, not the name in general. I don't like nick names, for me. I'll give people nick names but don't give them to me.

My brother hm? His name his Jacob, Jake for short. He's older by 2 years. He has the perfect life. He was the perfect son, perfect student, perfect friend, etc.. He's lucky to have moved out when our mom was still around. Unlucky for me. When my mom.. passed, my dad started drinking and drinking and I had to deal with him. By myself. It was hard, it still is. But it won't be once I move out. God, I rambled on about my dad and such and I'm supposed to tell you about Jake. He's smart, popular, had the perfect girlfriend, and surprise surprise!! He was a football player! On a scale from 1-10 on how cliche my brother was, he gets a 10193932929!! Worst part, he'd always keep me in the background. He always wanted the spotlight. Yeah, I didn't want to be one of the popular people but at least give me some acknowledgement. Maybe say "Hey guys!! This is my brother! Wanna know that!?" It seemed like he was.. embarrassed of me. But there was nothing wrong with me. I was just the normal high schooler. Anyway, he's gone. Good. In college. But he never kept in touch. The last time we heard from him is when he left. God, I bet he doesn't even know our mom is gone. What a prick.

Ha, sorry for giving you lots to read. My life's pretty shit if you haven't realized.

-John

John,

Oh. I'm sorry to hear, or read.. Your life is rough. Ha, it's funny, I was looking through your old letters you had given to me in the past. I came across to your very first letter. I read it and you sounded more, optimistic and.. happy. Now since I got to know you more, you're more.. sad. Sorry if this makes you feel bad. I promise you John that we will meet each other one day. Even if it takes us 3 years or something. And  we won't leave each other. We'll be there for each other. Just.. one day. :)

Your hopeful friend,
Alex

Alex,

I was happy. I had my three closest friends by my side. But yeah, I was a little sad though. And later got more sad. It's hard. You're lucky. You have friends surrounding all around you. You go to the perfect school. Honestly Alex, I'm kinda jealous of you.

I do hope we will meet each other. We should plan a day. Maybe 2. I'm getting kinda excited now.

-John

John,

Don't be jealous of me! Hey, at least you got to grow up with a family that loves you. Especially your mom. My mom loved me yes, but she died when I was a kid. And my dad never liked me. I never knew why, but he did. He still does too.

We will plan a day, but not now. Exams are starting soon and we should be getting ready for them.

Your friend,
Alex

Alex,

Fuck I forgot about exams. Yes, we should be getting ready.

-John

John,

Sadly this is my last letter to you. We had good times. Y'know, I feel like I've know you for years. Even though it's only been like, 5 months. We'll get in touch soon. After exams. Okay?

Your friend, whowillmostdearlymissyourletterssoverymuch,
Alexander Hamilton

Alex,

I will, mostdearlymissyourlettersverymuch too. :)

Your good friend,

John Laurens.

End of Act 1