8. Halloween

(Side story about Halloween)
-Alex's pov-

Today is October 31st, Halloween. I'm so excited. I was walking to school with a glazed donut with jack-o-lantern sprinkles scattered on top of it in my hand. Hopefully today will be a fun day.

I enter the school to see Herc and Laf chatting. I noticed that Laf was wearing a red, devil horns headband on the top of his head and a baggy, red sweater to go with it.

"Alex! There you are!" Laf jumped, running over to me.

"Do you know what today is?!" Laf's eyes lit up. He bent over to look straight into my eyes.

"HALLOWEEN!!" We shouted, jumping into the air in excitement.

"It's not that great." Herc walked over. Lafayette gasped.

"It IS that great!! Every holiday is great." Laf clapped his hands.

"Yeah, yeah." Herc rolled his eyes.

"Ignore him. He's just a holiday shitter." I shrugged.

"Holiday shitter? What the hell, what is that?" Herc questioned.

"It's like party pooper except you replace party with holiday because holidays are not parties, well they can be sometimes but you know what I mean and pooper and shitter are like the same thing so I switched pooper with shitter because it sounds more mature y'know, pooper sounds childish." I explained quickly.

"Ok.. yeah, I'll just pretend I understood that." Herc looked at me in confusion.

"Hey Alex!!" I turn around to see who has called me. Eliza, running to me with a bright smile on my face. She jumped into my arms for a big hug. She pulled away and looked up into my eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so excited that it is Halloween!!" She hopped up and down.

"Me too!!" I chuckled. I noticed the sweater she was wearing. It was pastel blue with bats all over it. I looked over to Laf and Herc, who were looking at me with a smirk. Uh oh. I know what they're thinking.

"Mom ami!! Alex, who is this?" Laf rapped his arms around me.

"This is Eliza." I pulled her closer to Laf. She gave a polite wave.

"Eliza.. Schuyler. Oui?" Laf brought his head closer to hers.

"Yes, that's me." She grinned. I smiled at her bubbly smile.

"Mmhm. Well, me and Herc need to go to the library quick. See you later." Laf wiggled his fingers. But before they walked away he whisper into my ear.

"She's a cute one. Keep her."

I waved my arms exaggeratedly, telling him to shoo. He giggled and pulled Herc away. I turned to Eliza, who was patiently waiting.

"So who was that." She giggled.

"Oh yeah, guess he didn't introduce himself. Well that guy is named Lafayette. The other guy, awkwardly watching our conversation in the background, is Hercules Mulligan." I fiddled with my thumbs.

"Ohh, I heard their names before, just didn't know who exactly they were." She tapped her head, looking at the wall.

ring ring rong wrong RInG rig fridgE

"Ah, the bell. Our cue to go to class." I nudged Eliza.

"Heh, yeah. See you later??"

"Of course." I waved and winked at her. But not in flirtatious way,, a friendly-buddy thing.

-

Herc, laf, and I we're sitting outside, eating lunch.

Lafayette pulls out a metal lunch box covered with bats, pumpkins, and all that spooky stuff. He opens the squeaky box and a sandwich in a halloween zip lock was sitting there. He opened the bag and took a bite out of his lunch.