1. Dear Pen Pal

Act 1

AN: Alex's handwriting.
      John's handwriting.
•Alex's POV•

Dear Pen pal,
For starters, you're probably wondering "who wrote this to me?" Well my name is Alexander Hamilton. Now, if you ask me, I find this 'pen pal' thing very stupid. Why spend your valuable time on writing to someone you don't know. Funny, this is my first and probably LAST time I will write to you. My teacher, Mr. Washington, will more likely forget about this. So don't be surprised if you don't receive another letter from me. Now for the questions. (Mr. Washington is forcing everyone to do this.)

1. Hobbies?
2. Opinions on school?
3. Interests?
4. Opinions on Pen Pals?

That's all there is. Probably will not see you later. Or ever.

Your very irritated Pen Pal,
Alexander Hamilton

"Done." I folded my letter 3 times then slid it into the envelope. I walked over to Mr. Washington's desk to hand it over to him. I held it out in front of him for him to take.

"Thank you, Alexander." He put the envelope into the bottom drawer of his desk.
The bell suddenly rings.
"Saved by the bell." I said under my breath. I grabbed my binder, textbook, and pencil case off of my desk then left the room to go to my locker.

~

I take a step into my small apartment. Sigh. I don't live with my parents like a normal teenager. My mother died when I was younger and my dad wants nothing to do with me. He sends me money through mail so I can pay rent. He's actually the one who got me the apartment. That's the nicest thing he did for me. But the only reason why he got it for me is because he doesn't want me complaining and asking him to stay with him. I know, dad of the year.

I threw my backpack on the floor and then flopped on the couch.

"Ugh, another shitty day." I turned my head to my bag. I groaned. I should probably get started on my homework. I pull out my binders and laptop out of my backpack and then began my homework.

~

I was tapping all the keys on my laptop, watching a movie at the same time, when suddenly I hear knocking from the door. I place my laptop aside and walk over o the door to check who it was. I opened the squeaky door to see Laf and Herc standing there.

"Bonjour mon ami!!" Laf greeted.

"Yo." Herc and Laf walk inside my apartment without asking me.

"Guys, I'm busy right now. I have homework." I faced to them.

"So? A 5 minute break wouldn't hurt." Herc shrugged.

Sigh. "Fine." I closed the door and then walked over to the couch.

"So how was school today?" Laf walked over and sat beside me.

"School is school. Everyday is the same. Well, we did do something different in English but it's stupid." I chuckled.

"What is it?" Herc walked over and sat beside Laf.

"Well Mr. Washington made us do Pen pals today." I rested my chin on my hand.

"Ooo, sounds fun!" Laf's eyes lit up.

"What does Washington think you guys are? 6?" Herc snickered.

"That's what I thought!" I snickered with Herc.

"What are you guys talking about? I think it's cute and cool! I'd love to write letters like that to someone. It's like having an internet friend... just without the internet." Laf held his hands.

"Yeah, whatever." I playfully rolled my eyes.

~

I woke up on my couch. I looked around. Where's Herc and Laf? I noticed that there was a bright yellow sticky note on my coffee table. I took it off to check what it says.

Went home
see you tmrw
- Laf+herc

Hm, I probably fell asleep when they were still there. I put the sticky note back where I found it and pulled out my phone from my pocket.
3:00 am. Ugh, school in a few hours. Probably should use the rest of my hours on sleep. I walked to my room. Threw on some old clothes, then tucked myself into bed with my warm, cozy blanket.

AN: short chapter also didn't really know what to write in this chapter. Hope you enjoyed. (agah trying to do 1st person view it's hard)

I'm bad at writing