9

"The Savior"

CAPITAL OF AGRABAH - PALACE

Jasmine was trapped in a hourglass by Jafar, fearfully looking around the glass as sand fell upon her, starting to doubt herself for trying to stand up to Jafar alone.

Jafar smirked at the horrified look on the princess eyes.

A window shattered from where Aladdin flew inside on the flying carpet.

Jafar looked at him angrily.

Jasmine looked at him in shock and awe that he came to the rescue.

Aladdin flew around them and the hourglass in the carpet, landing next to the almost full hourglass, standing up, facing Jafar.

Jafar glared, "You should've used the shears"

"Yeah, probably" Aladdin agreed, shrugging, "But I'm still the Savior, and I don't care what price I pay for it"

Aladdin used his newfound magic to blast through the hourglass, shattering the glass to save the princess.

Jafar covered his face from the glass.

Once Jasmine was safe, Aladdin turned to Jafar using his magic to snap his sneak staff in half, breaking through the control spell he had on the sultan.

"Spoken like a thief who's never had to pay a price for anything" Jafar hissed, looking at his staff, and then up to Aladdin. "But you will. And someday you'll realize that today was no victory"

And then he was gone in a swirl of smoke. 

Aladdin sighed in relief, pulling out his lamp, rubbing it before going to Jasmine "Jasmine!" A cloud of golden smoke came out of the lamp, where Ginny appeared once it faded away. "Jasmine, are you all right?"

"I'm fine" Jasmine answered, staring at Aladdin in awe. "I just didn't think..."

"What was wrong?" Aladdin asked in amusement, pointing at behind him "Was the magic carpet too much?"

Ginny frowned in realization, looking around. "Wait! Did I miss it?"

Aladdin didn't answer, shrugging

"I just thought you had abandoned us" Jasmine told him quietly

"Yeah, um... Well, to be honest, I-I almost did" Aladdin replied slowly.

Ginny crossed her arms, narrowing her eyes.

"And what changed your mind?" Jasmine asked. 

Aladdin lowered his eyes slowly, looking slightly over his shoulder at where Ginny was standing and avoiding looking their way, walking toward the Sultan.

"Jasmine?" The Sultan asked groggily, standing up with the help of Ginny "Thank you, young lady" Ginny flashed him a reassuring smile, showing her teeth and bowing her head slightly "Who is this young man? And why is there a toy castle in my throne room?"

Jasmine chuckled, standing up and helping Aladdin too, smiling brightly at the sight of her father back in his own control.

Aladdin sighed, looking between Jasmine and Ginny, slightly amused, "I'm a friend of your daughter's" He pointed at Jasmine who chuckled softly. "I just wanted to return something she had lost"

Ginny smiled, nodding, rocking on her heels. 

"Keep it" Jasmine told him as Aladdin handed her the Gold scarab. "It's yours now. So you'll always remember that you have a friend who believes in you"

~8~

Racking through her closet, Ginny found something that assembled someone belonging to Agrabah as she had been there once before. She just had to hide her cuffs so no one could know what she was and get in trouble.

It had happened before when she was learning to be a Genie.

No fun at all.

Ginny stood on the market, looking at the objects on sale at the stands as she waited for Aladdin. So far, not counting when he ordered her to stay inside the lamp when he stopped Jafar to keep her safe, he was true to his word, letting her wander around the streets of Agrabah.

Aladdin walked through the streets of Agrabah, among the vendors, hands in his pockets as he stared at the ground. He had just left from talking to Jasmine when he got a not very wanted but deep down slightly grateful gift from Jafar.

The sound of a familiar voice accompanied with laughter made him look up and settle his gaze on the genie he had found standing a few vendors away.

Aladdin crossed his arms, observing the girl for a moment in curiosity. Ginny was laughing with some female vendors, a carefree and relaxed expression in her face as she handed a girl an object, smiling brightly at the vendor, giving her a slight bow, waving her hands as if dismissing a thank you. The sight made Aladdin's lips twitch slightly, silently pulling out the lamp from where he had it hidden with him, looking up at the Genie.

Ginny, as if feeling she was about to be summoned, looked up meeting eyes with Aladdin. She flashed him a big smile, waving.

Aladdin waved back, smiling as he walked closer. "Look at you. If I didn't know better, I'd say you make a good saleswoman"

Ginny chuckled, shrugging slightly "Its just a matter to know what they want. What they wish at the moment" she shrugged, picking up a purple cloth, placing it on the top of her head as a cloak, "It's what makes me good on what I do. I can see further in the heart of people to know what they truly desire"

Aladdin chuckled, shaking his head, again wanting to be distracted from the heavy scissors on his pocket  "Right. Cause you can do that"

Ginny looked serious, "I can. It's part of the burd-amazing ability I own" She said, hoping Aladdin didn't notice her slip on calling her Genie status as a burden but unfortunately for her, he did notice but he refrained himself of commenting on it, "I can look through their thick hearts and find what they most desire. But that's cheating. So I don't and wait for them to tell me"

"That's cause you can't" Aladdin teased chuckling, pulling out the makeshift cloak from Ginny's head, guiding her away from the market, ignoring her gaping expression "And you want to impress me thinking you actually can"

"You're a meanie" Ginny told him, grinning, "But not something I wouldn't expect from my master so you're out of the hook today, Al. Can I call you Al? Or maybe just Din?" She gasped as an imperative child. "Or Laddie! Though it sounds like 'Here Boy!'" She grinned, whistling and trying to pet Aladdin's head, "C'mon Laddie!"

Aladdin laughed, pushing her hand away, "You indeed are something else"

"What did you expect? Some Genie with a boring personality?" Ginny deadpanned, "I have to somehow entertain myself. If I can't laugh in amusement of anything in life, I'll be a bitter Genie with no sense of humor"

"Somehow I don't want to imagine yourself as bitter" Aladdin told her, chuckling. "It doesn't look good"

Ginny smirked, proudly. "The day I become bitter would be the day I can no longer handle what life gives me and I'll be better off dead than be like that"