Surprise!

Kit feasts his eyes on the magnificent view of the sky painted in amber before him as he sits outside the patio of their room. Feeling the warmth of the last sunlight on his face, he gazes at the red ball slowly sinking into the horizon.

He grits his teeth and tries not to crush the glass he's holding in his right hand. He takes a sip, hoping it would help him calm down his nerves that are about to pop anytime. He takes another sip and slams it down on the table, startling the waiter behind him who just brought his fourth glass of orange juice. He quietly places the drink beside Kit and swiftly escapes from the enraging mistress.

How come Kit is in a bad mood?

Why?

Why not?

Ming vanished like thin air as soon as they finished breakfast, telling Kit that he would be back in an hour and it has been nearly ten hours since he's gone. He's not answering his call nor replying his texts. Kit was worried sick. He thought Ming has involved in some kind of accident but his worries flew out of the window when he asked the staffs where Ming was and they were fidgeting and avoiding him awkwardly. Ming is up to something again and he must have told them to keep it secret from Kit. He just hopes Ming doesn't do something ridiculous again.

Kit swears to the Gods he will definitely kill Ming on sight if he does something embarrassing. His patience is wearing thin as the sun sinks and the pitch-black curtain slowly drapes over the marmalade sky. The pale light of the silver moon and the specks of million diamond dust illuminating the darkness keeps Kit's boiling wrath at bay. He holds his head low and heaves a heavy sigh hoping that his anger would disappear along with his breath and gazes upon the beautiful sky again.

It's only 18:30 in the evening but it seems to be cooler and darker in the mountains.

He sinks himself in the large comforter wrapped around his figure and his heavy eyelids slowly cover his sight as he watches the shimmering lights appearing gradually above him.

Just when he's about to fall asleep, he perks up reflexively when he hears loud footsteps approaching with full speed.

×××××××××××

"Holy shit!" Ming cursed out loud, looking at the amount of unread messages and missed calls.

"I am so gonna be dead" he strides as fast as he can as if his life depends on it. Well, it does. He doesn't care if he looks messy right now. He just needs to get to Kit as soon as he can.

Ming intends to surprise Kit and everything was flowing smoothly but life never goes as planned, does it?

He halts his footsteps as he enters their room when he sees Kit curled up in his blanket on the chair.

Ming approaches Kit with baby steps and gives Kit a huge bear hug from behind. He gets a head bump in his face immediately.

"Asshole, what the fuck did you disappear to? An hour my ass! You realize how worried I was?!"

Ming retreats his arms slowly and makes a puppy face and pouts.

"I will explain na Kit-kat. Please don't be angry with me."

"You should've at least called me. Of course I'm angry. Do you know how worried I was? If anything happens to you..."

"... I'm really sorry P'. I really didn't mean to make you worry." Ming's face turns gloomy as he hangs his head low.

Kit just sighs at his boyfriend and folds his arms while he shakes his head.

"Where were you all the time? You better give me a proper reason" Kit narrows his gaze as he asks his boyfriend suspiciously.