Ch 21- Days Four and Five

Day Four

        “Nick comes back in a week. What’re you going to do?” Noelle asked, grabbing her cup of coffee from the employee at Starbucks. I told her and Krista about my previous night with Chris.

        I held my cup of tea to my lips and sighed, “I don’t know. I’m going to have to tell him, right?” I looked at Noelle and Krista for advice.

        Krista laughed. “Well of course you have to tell him! Things are going to get awkward when you get back and you might as well encourage it.”

        “What are you talking about?” Noelle asked as we sat down at a table.

        “Let’s be real here, Nick and Matt both left at the same time and are coming back at the same time. They’re up to something they can’t tell us and you guys have to force the truth out of them.” Krista raised her eyebrows and took a sip of her frappe.

        “Well we have five days to decide and one more final to take. After the final tomorrow, would you girls like to go on a short road trip with my mom and I?” Noelle sat up straight in her seat. I had to keep an eye on my wound and make sure the girls didn’t find out about it.

        I pouted and said, “I can’t. I have to keep an eye on Scott and make sure he stays out of shenanigans.”

        “Boo you.” Noelle stuck her tongue out.

        “I can’t go either.” Krista began. “I promised Nat’s family I would house watch while they were gone.”

        “The family trusts you that much already?” Noelle asked with a cocked eyebrow.

        “Apparently my dad was good friends with basically the entire family so I met them on an automatic good note.” Krista smiled proudly.

        “Good for you. At least you got someone who isn’t keeping secrets.” Noelle laughed and looked at me. It seemed like her mind was elsewhere though.

        I looked at my phone and read the time. Scott and I planned to spend the day together. “Well, lovelies, I must go. Scott promised he’d spend the day with me since we haven’t had some brother sister bonding in a while.” I stood up from my chair and smiled.

        “Well, have fun!” Noelle jumped up and gave me a quick goodbye hug.

        “Find out about that girl you were telling us about.” Krista reminded me.

        “I will, trust me.” I winked and walked out the door. As soon as I was out of sight, I threw out the cup of tea. I then got in the car and drove back home. There were no cars in the driveway which was good because I was using Scott’s car.

        When I got inside the house, Scott was laying on the couch in the same position as when I left this morning to take my final. I walked into the kitchen and got a glass of water. Quietly, I walked up to him. He was snoring slightly which made me giggle. I poured the water over his face with a steady stream.

        The couch began to get wet before Scott finally woke up. “What in the world are you doing?” He demanded, wiping the water away from his face.

        “You promised we’d spend the day together! That doesn’t mean you sleeping the whole time.” I put the empty glass down and smiled wide.

        A smile formed on Scott’s face and he sat up. “If you were a guy, I’d punch you for pouring water on me. Luckily, you’re my little sis and I love you.”