━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝗶

Start from the beginning

      "Black Leader, this is HQ. Come in if you copy. Your immediate response to this transmission is required. Over."

     Absolute silence.

      Gritting her teeth, Indira switches dials on the radio once more. "Damn it, Poe," she hisses, aggressively twisting the nob in search of a station that is working. "Answer. The. Godsdamned. Transmission!"

     Suddenly, the radio crackles to life. "I'm pretty sure that's not standard voice procedure," Poe Dameron replies drily. "This is Black Leader. I copy. Over."

      "Oh, thank the gods," Indira mutters, closing her eyes momentarily before pulling her headset off.

     "Hey, you," she snaps her fingers at a nearby patrol droid. "Find General Organa. Tell her I got ahold of Commander Dameron."

      The droid blips in response before speeding out of the command center. Indira watches it disappear before slipping her headset back on. "Poe, are you still there?"

      "I — yeah, I am," he says, sounding confused. "Beren, is that you? What are you doing on comms?"

      "Long story," she replies through gritted teeth. "Listen, Poe, where are you? What's happening?"

      "What's happening?" He repeats. "Uh. I'm in hyperspace. Just left Kaddak. We successfully obtained the information the General asked for, so I'm headed back to base now —"

      "Where's Oddy Muva?" Indira interrupts, not waiting for him to finish.

     "Oddy?" He asks. "Oddy is ... gone. I lost him during a chase with some First Order agents. Haven't seen him since. I would have stayed behind to look for him, but I needed to get this information back to base and it was too important to wait. I took Black One and Threepio with me, but I left him a cargo ship to find his way back."

     Indira rubs her temples, feeling a dull ache beginning to spread there. Part of her wants to think that Oddy being gone is a good thing, but her instincts are telling her otherwise. If Oddy is gone, it can only mean trouble — especially if he has been reunited with his First Order overlords. For all they know, he could be leading them to their base right this instant and there is nothing anyone can do to stop him.

      "Poe, Oddy is the traitor," she announces without warning, pinching the bridge of her nose. "I was wrong about L'ulo. I'm sorry. It was Oddy all along."

      "What?" Poe demands, suddenly sounding more alert. "How do you know?"

     "I found a box full of First Order tech in his locker," she says tiredly. "General Organa told me to contact you as soon as we found out. She went off with Connix somewhere, but she should be back soon —"

     "Oddy?" He repeats, sounding dumbfounded. "Working for the First Order? That doesn't make any sense."

      Indira winces. "I know, Poe, and I'm sorry —"

     "Something's not right," he mutters, voice muffled slightly. "I'm pulling out of hyperspace."

     "That's probably for the best," she agrees, knowing that it's safer for everyone on base for Poe to stay put until they can obtain more information on the situation.

     "I'll have BB-8 send my coordinates," Poe adds, sounding distracted. "I'm just not sure why — shit!"

      Indira's heart stops in her chest. "What happened?" She asks. "Poe, are you still there?"

     "Shit, shit, shit," he mutters into his comm link. "There's a whole godsdamned fleet tailing me. They came out of nowhere — they must've been tracking my ship ever since I left Kaddak."