x.

;;;

;;;

displeasure.

yoongi's expression twisted into sheer annoyance as he watched the scene in front of him unfold. the annoying duo, hangyeol and shiwoo were talking to their basketball manager along with her friend whom was none other than jooyoung. normally, he wouldn't care for anything that the duo would be cooking up, but seeing them up close with the short haired girl bothered him from the core. irritation flamed his insides as he raised a brow yet coolly kept himself from doing anything rash.

as long as they weren't up to no good, he chanted to himself.

"hey, yoongi," a pat to his shoulder came from behind and he turned, seeing none other than namjoon. "we're going to the trail to see the moonlight. wanna come?"

"you go alone," he grumbled. "why drag me into it."

"well- i heard sorin's and her friends are there, so i'm kind of worried to be up there alone," namjoon sheepishly rubbed the nape of his neck with a troubled expression. "after that eye palette incident, i don't think girls would come near me."

vividly remembering the incident made yoongi chortle slightly. he could remember how namjoon tried to catch the girl's palette from falling, but instead he broke it in half. not that he did understand how or why that happened but knowing it was namjoon, where was the logic really? after that, girls who were fond of makeup soon tried to avoid him if their makeup pouches were close by. it was a funny memory, but the latter seemed to think otherwise.

"yeah, no," yoongi replied, deadpanned. "why don't you go invite those damn perverts back there? i'm sure they'd rather be cooling themselves up there than be down here."

it was evident to his friend how snappy the tone was and namjoon raised a brow at this. often times the boy was in a sour mood or just blatantly peeved by a lot of things, but this was more than just that. he was annoyed by something. there was a bite into his words that usually isn't there and it was confusing him. something must've happened but he wasn't going to pry. yoongi definitely kept his secret and trying to uncover them wasn't the greatest idea.

"uh, yeah, sure," though unsure, he shrugged and walked over to the pair of boys who were still talking. "hey, shiwoo, hangyeol, teacher's up by the trail. you guys want to come?"

"oh, we'll go!" shiwoo slung his arm around his friend's neck and grinned. "wouldn't wanna miss out to see the starry moonlight with a bunch of pretty ladies."

"you've definitely read my mind." hangyeol laughed, sharing a high-five with the latter when sunhee cuts in.

"oh my gosh, i wanna go too!" she piped in, ignoring what the two boys were gushing about. instead, she turned to her friend and tightly grabbed her arm before shaking her. "jooyoung, let's go! i wanna take pictures up there and i need you to be my photographer!"

"but i wanted to go inside," she weakly protested, still being shaken by her friend. "it's too cold for itㅡ"

"oh, hush! we're going and that's final!" sunhee stated loud and clear, earning a sigh from jooyoung. "alright, come on boys! let's go see that beautiful moonlight." she took charge and went to the trail with the boys following them without hesitation. the short haired girl was still being dragged by the arm unwillingly yet nothing she'd say would stop her friend from it.

out of the blue, hangyeol perked up and turned to namjoon. "hey, what about yoongi? where is he?"

they all turned to the one being questioned who only shrugged back in reply. "dunno, said he didn't wantㅡ"

"ㅡto be an outcast."

from behind them was yoongi, trailing along with his hands casually delved into his pockets. he raised a brow at them, glancing at namjoon who looked at him in surprise. he feigned a pained look, although it looked nothing like it and inched closer to them.

"i changed my mind," he mumbled without much explanation.

"but you said you didn't wantㅡ"

yoongi cuts off his tall friend easily when he moved to the perverted duo and smacked them harshly on the back. both of them jumped and groaned in pain before turning to him in annoyance.

"what was that for?" shiwoo complained.

"damn it, it hurts worse out in the cold!" hangyeol added.

instead of speaking, yoongi simply gave them an annoyed glare, turning them rigid. he shook his head and slowed down his pace, stepping right behind the short haired girl. if he was going to do better than those two, he had to take initiative for once. so he held his arm out, a finger out before he poked her softly on the shoulder.

dumbass, what was that for, he groaned.

surprisingly, jooyoung turned to him, locking eyes before she smiled. "thought you weren't coming along?" she questioned, slowing down so she could match her pace with him. sunhee didn't even notice since she was occupied on her phone, busily planning out different angles for the pictures.

"could use some fresh air," his steely eyes softened at this point, seeing how flushed her cheeks were from the cold. "... were those two idiots bothering you back there?" yoongi's eyes shifted to the pair who were singing random songs, and jooyoung's eyes followed in pursuit. chuckles escaped her lips and catching his attention back.

"no, i think they're pretty funny," she commented, making him raise a brow. "hangyeol and shiwoo, right?"

"... i'd rather you don't remember their names." he grumbled, quiet enough that jooyoung couldn't properly catch what he said.

"what?"

instead he shook his head, the corners of his lips slightly lifted as his eyes met hers once more. "don't mind it. i was just talking to myselfㅡ"

"payback sucks!"

right as those words echoed through the trail, yoongi was pushed by a sudden force. it was a forceful slam on the back, like something had just been thrown at him. a cold sensation soon spread around his back and he turned, seeing hangyeol grinning widely with a snowball being given by shiwoo. annoyance surged in his veins but thought of himself better to not do anything careless.

when he heard a soft squeak emitting from jooyoung, he quickly turned to her. particles of snow flew to her face and covering her as she tried to dust them off. yoongi's expression faded into slight worry, unconsciously pressing a hand on her shoulder as his fingers slowly wiped the snow off her hair.

"hey, you alright?" a subtle tone of concern was hinted at his voice. "it didn't go in your eye, yeah?"

yet she laughed, cheeks still blooming red as she looked at him. "no, just felt a little cold. thanks."

relief filled his veins yet he knew. yoongi knew he overreacted over such a small thing but knowing those two had nearly done something to jooyoung just simply snapped his chains. he mumbled a soft good before turning around, eyes sharply staring at his friends.

"i'll need to talk to you two for a bit."