v.

;;;;

;;;;

"shit,"

yoongi cursed as he ruffled through his bag. all of it was just a bunch of papers, pens, books and scraps, but he couldn't find his own lunch, neither was his wallet present. surely, he had it in his bag earlier in the morning. it wasn't his cooking, for sure- but the grandma who lived next door always offered a packed lunch with a warm smile, sending him off with a pat on the back.

it was then that he realized he was getting too dependent on the older lady. the habit was getting out of hand and needs to be cut off. he was an independent boy, living in seoul. fending for himself should've been a basic matter.

with an empty stomach, he grabbed his stuff and walked towards the school. his mood dampened throughout the whole walk. his stomach was growling and it felt like anyone could hear it begging for food. yoongi tried to rub it but it only seemed to fuel his hunger.

"ah-!"

he staggered as he turned the halls, bumping into a smaller person. although it wasn't hard enough to knock him down, he winced at his shoulder. yoongi wasn't one to tolerate pain. a soft thud was heard in front of him and he rubbed his shoulders lightly before turning towards the latter.

his eyes widened by a fraction, slightly surprised to see the same girl he had sat with in the bus yesterday.

"a-are you okay-" jooyoung bit her lips before looking up. "oh, min yoongi."

the boy frowned slightly. what was that supposed to be? it sounded like she was distastefully spouting his name, as if it left a bitter taste in her mouth.

she noticed his subtle frown and stood up, giving him an apologetic look. "sorry, that's not what i meant. i didn't think i'd bump into you that's all."

"that's okay," he replied stoically. "i had a part of it too, so i'm sorry-"

a loud growl had cut him off.

.

he silently sat in front the short haired girl, chewing on the slice of sandwich the girl had offered him. the moment his stomach had cried for food, his stoic expression cracked slightly into an embarrassed one. it was subtle, but enough for her to notice. he had expected the girl to be laughing, cracking up at the sound of his pitiful stomach but all she ever said was, "would you like to eat lunch with me?"

he tried to refuse at first, but the girl had persisted to offer him food.

and now here he was, sitting in front the girl in an empty classroom, chewing away at his meal. surely enough, he should offer something to say as a polite gesture, but he wasn't too close with her. yoongi barely knew a single fact about her other than her name and what year she was in.

"do you know why there's two pieces of sandwiches?" she suddenly asked out of the blue, snapping him back to reality.

"i wouldn't know that," he mumbled in return. although his response was a bit grouchy, jooyoung's eyes glinted in return.

"to share it with someone," she replied, giving him toothy smile. "and i decided to share it with you, min yoongi."

ah.

there she goes again, catching him off guard with something he hadn't expected her to say. yoongi sat there, staring at her wit slightly parted lips. he didn't notice it before, but he definitely did now.

"i'm sorry, that was probably too random," she chuckled. "but i just wanted to say that. i've heard someone say that and i thought it was pretty cool."

pretty cool, he thought. yeah, it did sound a bit cool, but it seemed cheesy. the corner of his lips curved in the slightest, "thanks for the food, lee."

jooyoung blinked. had the boy actually thanked her? contrasted to yoongi, her expression was downright plain obvious for anyone. but it soon turned into another amused one, crossing her arms. was this boy really the one who had scared off students?

"you know, you're not as bad as people make you out to be."

t/n;

yooo leTS GOO ( also that sandwich line was from goblin )