seventy five | epilogue

real life | epilogue

CHRIS HONESTLY LOVED nothing more than being with his girls, it didn't matter what they were doing

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

CHRIS HONESTLY LOVED nothing more than being with his girls, it didn't matter what they were doing. They were his family and he wouldn't trade them for the world.

Carmen and Bridget were snuggled into his body, on opposite sides. A movie played before him, unfortunately one he starred in, but his attention was on the girls. The two best things in life, the girls he'd gladly give everything up for.

He glanced down as Bridget snuggled closer, causing him to gently tighten his arm around as she slowly fell asleep. A soft smile climbed to his lips and he leaned down, kissing the top of her head. Chris then looked at Carmen, kissing her cheek.

Carmen looked up at him, pressing a chaste kiss to his lips. He only smiled at her, admiring her.

She giggled and raised an eyebrow. "Penny for your thoughts?"

"Just going over the best year of my life," he shrugged, "I wouldn't trade this for the world."

Carmen laughed, "You're so cheesy, I love it."

"Well, I love you and I cannot wait to marry you and have this everyday of my life." He murmured.

Anna gagged playfully as she entered the living room, plopping down onto the recliner. She curled up, glancing over at Chris and Carmen.

"You both are sickening," she stated, turning her attention to the movie which she was figured was Playing It Cool. Anna wouldn't admit it, but she loved that movie.

Carmen rolled her eyes, snuggling back into Chris' side and nuzzling her face into his neck. She returned her gaze to the movie as he placed a kiss to her forehead and went back to his previous thoughts of the past year with her.

When he first met her. When he asked her out and kissed her for the first time. The many phone calls and sappy FaceTime calls. The cuddles he received whenever he saw her. The kisses that made him weak in the knees. When Bridget asked if she could call him dad. When Carmen had easily pulled him out of an anxiety attack. When they talked about raising a family of their own. When she agreed to be his wife.

Chris could remember it all, and he would never trade it.

"God, I'm so in love." He whispered to himself.

Anna smirked over at him, noticing that both Carmen and Bridget were now asleep on him. "Like I said, Evans, you both are so cute it's sickening."

"Can it, Kingsman." Chris joked.

"Ah, I see we're now on that joking level." She grinned, "It's a pleasure doing business with you. I now feel like I don't have to attack you."

"Thanks," he muttered. He glanced to Carmen and smiled softly, then back at Anna. "Hey, I remember you said you'd like to do music, are still wanting to do that?"

She nodded in confusion, "Yeah, why?"

"I'd hate to see you and Carmen separated, since you're such good friends. I have a friend out in L.A. who owns a record place, want me to give him a call and have you audition?"

Anna nearly jumped out of the chair as she lurched forward, sending the springs squeaking and Rogers howling quietly. They managed to get the puppy quiet before she gapped at Chris.

"You'd do that for me?" Anna asked softly, "I mean, it's not easy around here."

Chris grinned, "Yeah, you're family too, Anna. Besides, I've heard your talent. I think you could make it."

"Thanks," she said sincerely, "I really appreciate it. I'll follow Carmen out there when she's ready."

"That's great. I'll call him in the morning."

Anna bit her lip, sighing softly at the scene of Carmen snuggled up to Chris. She smiled, "You made a good choice, Evans. She's a diamond and you honestly scored with her."

"I know." He nodded, "I call her princess because that's what she is and that's how she deserves to be treated."