fifty one.

real life.

FAMILY WAS ONE of the few things that made Chris truly happy

FAMILY WAS ONE of the few things that made Chris truly happy. Everyone could see that once he was reunited with his mother, sisters and little brother. It made Carmen smile, knowing that he was happy and that's all she really wanted.

She and Bridget stood back politely, watching as Chris greeted his family happily. Carmen's heart swelled as Chris picked up and greeted each of his nephews and niece.

Lisa, his mother, noticed Carmen standing back politely and awkwardly with her hands on her hips. Bridget stood beside her mother, unsure of what to do or say. His mother laughed, hitting Chris in the bicep and casting the two girls a glance.

He nodded, clearing his throat awkwardly as he motioned for them to step forward. Chris laid his hand on the small of Carmen's back and placed a kiss on her cheek before smiling back at his mother.

"Princess, this my mom, Lisa, my sisters, Shanna and Carly. You've already met Scott." Chris introduced each of his family members. He smiled at his family before glancing at his two girls. "This is Carmen, and her daughter, Bridget."

Lisa didn't hesitate to pull Carmen in for a hug. Carmen was overwhelmed with a welcoming feeling by his family.

"It's so great to finally meet you, Carmen." Lisa grinned as she pulled back from the hug. "Chris is always talking about you."

"All good things, I hope." Carmen giggled, glancing to Chris as he blushed.

Lisa nodded, "Of course! He loves you, whether or not he admits it—"

"Mom!" Chris exclaimed, cutting his mother before she said another word.

"Christopher!" Carmen laughed, "Interrupting is rude, honey."

His mother snickered, "I like her already, baby. I'll let you three go settle in. Chris, why don't you show them your room?"

He nodded, grabbing as many as their bags as he could and kissed his mother's cheek. "Of course."

Carmen and Bridget followed Chris upstairs and through the halls. He quietly led them through the house that gave him senses of nostalgia and filled him with happiness. It only made him more happy to be able to share this part of his life with his girlfriend. Chris sighed softly as he stopped at a door at the end of the hall.

"This your room?" Carmen asked softly, laying her hand gently on his back as he froze.

Chris nodded, "Yeah."

He pushed open the door, allowing the two girls go before him, then following them inside. Chris dropped the bags to the floor and pushed the door shut with his foot. A smile crept to his lips as Bridget plopped down onto the old couch against the wall.

"I'm totally sleeping on this rad thing!" She announced happily, eliciting laughter from both Chris and her mother.

Carmen giggled, kissing Chris' cheek quickly. "Looks like we get more cuddles."

His smile quickly grew into a grin as he fell onto his bed, pulling her down with him. Carmen landed by his side, going into another fit of laughter, one thing she found herself doing more over the last six months.

"I'm taking a nap," Bridget muttered, already falling asleep on the couch.

"And, she's out." Chris whispered.

It fell silent as Carmen snuggled closer to him, wrapping her arm over his stomach and nuzzling her face into his neck. Chris pressed a soft kiss to forehead and began to run his fingers through her curls.

Slowly, but surely, the jet-lag and transfer of time zones were hitting them and they grew tired. Carmen only snuggled even closer, like it was possible and pressed a delicate kiss to his soft skin.

"I love you." She murmured.

Chris smiled, "I love you too, beautiful."

• • • •

Oh jeez. It's been over a month, but ya girl is back!! with another sucky chapter, but oh well. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ enjoy!

But, anyway! I've noticed that this book has finally gotten on the charts. For awhile it was #637 in fanfiction, but now we're at #425! Like that's awesome.

So, there's that and thank you for that. It's amazing. Hopefully more updates are following soon!

Poll time as well! Sequel to Captain or no?