+ seulgi

i've never been this nervous in my whole life.
i keep taking deep breaths as i walk to the cafe i always go to with joohyun and the girls.
while walking i look around the city humming red velvet's comeback song: my first song as a member of a girl group, i still can't believe it.
i walk through the park looking at all the couples holding hands or sitting on the benches talking and kissing.
i wish i could be like that again...
after walking for what seemed like an hour i finally reach the cafe.
joohyun is already waiting for me inside, she's wearing a very simple white t-shirt with her hair tied up in a high ponytail and she's staring out of the window with her earphones on, mouthing the lyrics to a song: she looks so effortlessly beautiful.
i stare at her from outside the cafe until she notices me and waves her hand happily.
i finally walk into the cafe and sit in front of the girl.
she looks happy and sad at the same time.
i can tell that her smile is true but her eyes have something in them...they don't have that sparkle... that star that i've always seen there.
she seems worried too, i wonder if something happened.
after some minutes of staring and looking away she takes a deep breath and stares right into my eyes.
"jisoo and i broke up." joohyun says completely emotionless.
i was shocked at the news. they looked so happy together. "how is that possible? - i ask incredulously - you-" "we looked so happy - she interrupts me - i know." she takes another deep breath as she looks out of the window and then focuses her eyes on me again.
"i like you seulgi."
"what? sorry w-what do you mean?" she chuckles at my stupid question and smiles widely right after.
"i mean that i like you, seulgi. romantically."
i couldn't believe it. my heart started beating at an abnormal rate and i was actually about to cry. "i- i like you too joohyun." i finally said.
we stayed in the cafe for hours, talking about our pasts and our problems and what makes us happy. it was the best day of my life.
when we walked out it was already late evening and the sun was setting.
joohyun walked me to my home holding my hand. we didn't talk much but we often looked at each other smiling and laughing. and that was enough for me.
when we got to my home she placed a gentle kiss on my forehead and waited for me to go inside.
i ran to my room and started crying tears of happiness.