Chapter 34 - Good Memories

» Shane's P.O.V «

The graduation party was actually extremely fun. Everyone got drunk (except me) and Lisa, Hannah, Grace, and Tyler were my entertainment. They did not mind one bit, though.

"Stop talking over me, hoe!" Tyler shouted, smacking Hannah lightly in the face. Hannah tried to bite his hand before he quickly retracted it. "I come bearing Vodka." Lisa said, walking back into the kitchen with a bottle. The party started at some kid's house and when we decided it was totally lame, Tyler came up to Lisa and I and invited us round to his; where we were now. I used to hang out with Tyler and Hannah freshmen year and a bit of sophomore but we drifted over summer and into Junior year. I forgot how funny, easygoing, and laidback they were. I wish I would've tried harder to remain their friends.

"Ayy," Tyler cheered, holding up his shot glass. "Grace!" Hannah shouted. Grace, was her girlfriend, who was in the bathroom. "What?" We heard faintly from the bathroom down the hall. "What are you even doing? Hurry up!" Hannah called back, giggling. Then Lisa spilt a bit of vodka in Tyler's lap. Tyler didn't care and proceeded to turn me . "Hey Shane, you've been awfully quiet, wanna lick it up?" He teased, lips turning up in a smirk. I decided to tease back. "I would if it wasn't alcohol. Let Lisa spill something else on you." I said with a wink, causing Tyler to blush. I wasn't into Tyler like that, but I haven't just fooled around with friends in a long time and this was fun. Might as well enjoy it, right?

"I'm back," Grace noted, ducking back into the kitchen. We all broke into applause as she sat down, causing her to blush a light pink. "What the hell were you doing?" Lisa questioned, taking a sip of vodka from the bottle, cringing as it burned down her throat. "I don't know. I was peeing and then the ceiling became very interesting." Grace replied, sending us into peeling fits of laughter. "I think that is a sign for you guys to put away the alcohol." I said and they all started laughing again.

Anyway, that was the best night I've had, without Joey present, in a long time.

* * *

"These fireworks suck ass." Tyler commented as we took a right, our feet slapping the sidewalk. It was the Fourth of July and Tyler, Lisa, Joey, and I were headed downtown to watch the annual firework show together. "We aren't even there yet." Lisa said, giggling, rolling her eyes. Tyler and Lisa came over earlier and convinced Joey and I to step away from packing stuff for college and to go to the firework show. Joey agreed because he took an instant liking to Tyler when he met him in early June and because I think Lisa was growing on him. I agreed because I wanted plenty of fun nights to make this the best summer ever.

Hannah and Grace were going too but they were faced with their own college turmoil; Like Joey and I. So they were trying to get enough time together like us, so they were coming on their own, to meet us later.

"Exactly my point." Tyler replied, snippy. Joey chuckled. Honestly: I think Joey wishes he was as sassy as Tyler. "Hannah and Grace are bringing beer." Lisa piped up as we reached the riverfront, which was teeming with life. There were so many people here. "They better fucking hurry." Tyler said as we all spread out towels and lied out. "You guys are bad influences," I said suddenly, after a minute of looking at the stars. The firework show would start shortly. "Obsessed with alcohol at only eighteen." I said, finishing my statement.

"Shane, I respect you and your decisions. I don't force things on you. Plus I wouldn't be an influence, I'd be an idol." Tyler said right before the show started and thousands of fireworks were sent skittering up, lighting up the sky. Joey clasped my hand, and I smiled, scooting closer to him. He rest his head on my shoulder and I kissed his forehead, my eyes turning up towards the sky. It was so beautiful...It made everything feel magical. I was lucky this summer was full of good nights to make for good memories to flood in and drown the bad ones.

* * *

"You're leaving for college in a week." Joey said one night, at about one a.m. We had stayed up late, finishing packing. We had finally finished and I was ready to go. Well...maybe not completely ready. My heart begged to differ with being ready.

"I am." I replied, suddenly filled with loss. This was the first time I was really thinking about leaving and the first time I was really thinking about not going. I would miss Joey so terribly, I am honestly questioning my survival without him.

"What are we going do?" I wondered aloud, my eyes boring into the ceiling, as if it could give me the answer I was looking for. Joey sighed almost inaudibly, his weight shifting on the mattress. Suddenly, I wasn't looking intently into the ceiling, my eyes were met with blazing emeralds. "We're going to make the most of this week." He spoke, voice gliding across my skin like smooth velvet as he pressed his soft lips to my neck, nibbling at my sweet spot. I let out a light moan; not caring if my mom or brothers heard. This was our last week together; they should've expected this. "And after this week?"

"Don't make me think too hard." He replied, pulling away from my neck to pull off his shirt. "I can do that." I noted before pressing my lips hungrily to his.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Tomorrow, I'm posting the end. Just throwing that out there.

(Short chappy nng I know ._. Sorry)))))))

Thank you so much for 27k reads! I never thought I'd make it this far.

no time for social media shit ;n; bhye.