Chapter 9 - Love in Slow Motion

* Shane's POV *

 "Hey, Faggot! How dare you think you can escape me?" It was my dad.. Oh god, he was going to kill me. I stayed hidden under the blanket. Where was Joey? Why couldn't he hear this? Oh no.. What if my dad had already gotten Joey?! I started shaking. "Do you hear me?! You run off and abandon your family! That's an ass thing to do. You're an ass, Shane. You always have been. Your whole family hates you, especially me!" I felt tears streaming down my face as I shut my eyes tighter. No, I couldn't believe my whole family hated me.. My mom and my brothers loved me.. Or they did. 

"You're right, Dad! I'm an ass, I'm a horrible person! Just kill me! Go ahead and kill me like you've wanted to for so long!"

"Shane?" It was Joey... That was Joey, Joey was okay! I started shaking harder.. I didn't know if he was okay.. He could be tied up..or trapped... He could've been tortured.. That's how ruthless my dad is. He's going to kill us both. 

I felt arms wrap around me and I flinched. It felt like I was being choked. "Dad, stop! Please Stop! I didn't mean it! Don't kill me!" My voice was cracking and it was hard to breath. 

Then the strain lifted off of me like a blanket. I was in another place. A safer one. I slowly opened my eyes.. To meet the green eyes of the person I loved. It was hard to see, but I'd know his eyes anywhere. "Joey?" I asked in a small voice. It sounded like I was whimpering. My shudders receded to minimal shivers as Joey wrapped his arms around me. "Shane, what happened? You started screaming things.." Joey sniffed, like he was about to cry. "You said you wanted someone to kill you.." He trailed off, just looking at me. I shook my head. "I didn't mean it... It was my dad.. He was here. He had you! He was gonna kill us!" Joey started rubbing my back as he shook his head. "No.. Shane, It was just a dream. Shh." I leaned my head on his shoulder and just let the darkness of the room surround us like a cocoon; the only light on was from the bathroom and it gave off a minimal glow.

He kissed the top of my head, whispering into my hair, "It wasn't real. You'll never have to see him again, We'll never go back. It's all gone now, It's all in the past." I nodded with every word he said and let his assurances wash over me. It was a good feeling to just be held and comforted by the person I adored. I hoped he was right...

But all good things must come to an end. And goodbyes are the only perfect things we get.

~ 5 Hours Later - Late morning ~

I fell asleep in Joey's arms after a few minutes of just listening to his sweet words. Right before I drifted off to sleep, He told me he loved me. And all the doubts I had had washed away. As soon as he woke up, I'd tell him I loved him. 

Watching the rise and fall of his chest and the flutter of his eyelashes was enough to put me at peace after my horrid nightmare. I wondered what he was dreaming about... Hopefully it was something good.

Joey's eyes fluttered open and he immediately glanced down at me. He opened his mouth like he was going to say something but I cut him off--"I love you." I said softly as he leaned down and kissed my forehead. "I love you, too." I shook my head at him. "You told me you loved me right before I fell asleep.. That was me saying it back.." He pouted slightly, then said, "But I do love you back." I rolled my eyes. "And.. You heard that?" He lifted his eyebrow. I nodded. 

His face reddened slightly and I gasped. "Why are you blushing?!" I demanded, sitting up. He pouted; for real this time. "Now I can't hold you." I rolled my eyes as he continued, "Because I didn't think you would hear it.. And I'm not used to talking about my feelings, so.." He trailed off and I leaned in, kissing him softly. Just as I pulled away, he connected his lips to mine again. In this way, matters went on for some time. Every time one of us would pull away, the other would connect our lips again. I loved the feeling of our lips pressed together; for what seemed to be an eternity. Even if it had only been thirty minutes.. But that was still a long time to kiss. 

Once the clock hit 10:37, my stomach started complaining. Joey pulled away with a soft laugh. I glared at him playfully. He surprised me by cupping my cheek, running his thumb gently over my bruise. It was fading; It was now an ugly yellow color. The pressure of his finger didn't hurt as much as it had the first time he touched it. He kissed my nose lightly before shooting me a breathtaking smile. "Breakfast?" He asked hopefully, his eyes sparkling. Would this be...Would this be like a first date? I nodded; Sure my cheeks were a bright pink. "Of Course." Joey flipped his hair; It was down and I'll admit, He looked sort of emo. But it was adorable. Maybe I could convince him to leave his hair like that more often. "After Breakfast, We can meet up with Sawyer. We should try out the restaurant here, The dining room looked nice so I bet the food is great." Joey sounded excited. But most of all.. He sounded happy. As he stood up and picked their duffel bag off the floor and set it on the bed, I just watched him. We didn't say anything else until we went downstairs and I watched him the whole time until then... he never noticed.

If I was uncertain of how I felt, I definitely knew now. I loved Joey and I found myself falling even more in love with him every second I spend with him. I didn't know if that was even possible, I just knew that it was happening. And if I didn't understand that, It was okay. Because I had Joey and that's all I needed to know. So while we tried to figure out this constant dilemma of ours, I could continue to Love in slow motion. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the boring chapter, Guys. I'll try and update this fic again today; I'm in the writing mood.  :) I just... tried to aim for feels here, I guess. Even if Shane wasn't speaking his feelings out loud.. but whatever. Also, I've noticed that I tend to write my chapters, of my both my stories, from Shane's POV... I'll try and do more Joey chapters. xD I've also noticed that I attempt and end the chapters with the name of the chapter... Is that weird? Should I stop? The next chapter will probably be long, by the way, Just a warning. c: 

Thank You guys for 500 Reads, Oh my Gosh! I haven't been giving a lot of attention to this story/fanfiction but I'm definitely going to center my focus around both of my fics!

Thanks so much for Reading & Voting! May the odds be ever in your Favor, goooodbye! cx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------