I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps, a Cowboy King

I enter school, after the fight with Ben I just couldn't go to school yesterday. I couldn't have the chance of running into Ben. He's so mad at me.. But he just has to cool down.

I walk down the hall and see Cindy at my locker. I go up to her.

"Have you heard?" She frowns at me.

"What," I am so exhausted, mentally and physically just drained.

Cindy points down the hall at Ben's locker. I see the skank leaning against his locker, Ben making out with her. That shatters my world.. I feel myself break even more inside.

"How.. How could he do this to me?" I mumble the words out.

"I'm so sorry Roni," Cindy hugs me.

I keep my teary gaze on Ben, he notices me and just smirks as he kisses the skank again, placing his hand around her neck, angling her head up.. Like he did to me. She wraps her arms around his shoulders.

I just can't believe he could do this to me. He said she means nothing to him. He said I was the most important person in his life. He said he loved me. But hey.. He said, doesn't mean he told the truth.

I have to walk past them to get to my class. I take a deep breath and begin walking.

I see something shiny in the corner of my eye as I walk past them. I look at it to see the promise ring Ben gave to me on her finger.

I just scoff, not know what to say. I try to just walk past them but I hear Ben's voice.

"What was that scoff for?" Ben glares at me.

"I didn't scoff," I furrow my brows, lying.

"Yeah you did, are you just mad I'm with Jessica instead of you," Ben chuckles.

"No, I don't care," I act strong.

"Oh right of course you don't care, because you don't even care about me anymore,"

"I never said I don't care about you," I tell him, staring in his eyes.

"Sorry hun, keep walking, he couldn't resist my hot body, you're just ugly of course he didn't and won't ever love you," The skank speaks disgustingly towards me.

I open my mouth to say something, tears fall down from my eyes. Ben didn't say anything, he just lets her go off on me.

I just turn around and go into the bathroom. I slide down the wall crying, how could Ben just stand there and not tell the skank to stop while she was insulting me? He always stood up for me.

Fuck I'd still stand up for him if someone were to insult him.

I pull myself together and wipe my tears away. I walk out of the bathroom and a hand grasps my wrist stopping me.

"Roni," I hear his voice.

"What do you want," I face him, glaring.

"I'm sorry she said those things to you," He looks me in the eyes.

"Why didn't you say anything," I softly speak, feeling tears form again.

"I just didn't know what to say,"

"Why are you dating her, Ben I thought she meant nothing to you,"

"I was wrong,"

"So that's why you gave her the fucking promise ring,"

"I made her promises just like I did for you, and you decided to give it back," Ben gets defensive.

"Because you fucking cheated on me with her!" I raise my voice.

"I thought we were past that! Why are we still talking about this!" Ben raises his voice.

"Fuck you that's why," I spit at him.

He just scoffs and pushes me, walking away. I stand there livid. He has no right to act like this toward me.

I wish I was smarter to realize everything Ben told me about not caring about the skank was a lie. It's bullshit that he told her that he loves me and they can't see each other. It's all fucking bullshit.

I storm off to my first class, desperately wiping the tears away.

I enter the class to see Ben and the skank sitting in the back of the room. Her in my spot.

I glare at them and sit in the front of the room.

The teacher begins to teacher.

"Does anyone want to tell me how many bones there are in an adult body," The teachers asks.

"Two hundred six," I just mutter out loud.

"Very good Veronica," The teacher praises.

"Teachers pet," I hear Ben mutter behind me.

"Probably sucks the teachers cock to get good grades," I hear the skank laugh.

Ben laughs as well, agreeing with her.

"She likes to suck dick anyway," Ben laughs out loud.

"That's enough the both of you!" The teacher shouts at them.

I just close my eyes, feeling the tears run down my cheeks.

I get up and go to storm out.

"Yeah that's right go cry like you seem to always do," Ben shouts as I reach the door.

"It's your fucking fault why I've been crying you asshole!" I shout back at him.

"It's not my fault you're a crybaby!" Ben shouts over me.

I just turn around and run out of the class. How can Ben do this to me? He's being such an asshole. He said I'm the last person he ever wanted to hurt but that's exactly what he's doing.. Hurting me.