Empire

I exit gym class and head to my locker to grab the clothes I was wearing before gym.

"Jeez, you look hot in those shorts," I hear Ben's voice, as he wraps his arm around my waist.

I tense up and try to move away from him, thinking his going to push me to the ground. He immediately retracts his arm.

"I'm so sorry Roni, I should've asked before doing that-" Ben talks so fast.

"It's fine Ben," I know he won't ever do what he did to me physically ever again, but I'm still getting over it.

"How has your day been?" I change the subject.

"My day has been alright, how has yours been?"

"Mine was good so far,"

"That's good," I close my locker.

I walk away and go into the bathroom to change.

I get to class and sit down. Cindy's not in this class, I look up to see a new guy walk in, he's cute.

"Students, please welcome Shamus to our school," The teacher smiles at him.

She points to a seat next to mine, Shamus walks over and sits down.

"Hello, I'm Shamus," He holds his hand out.

"Veronica," I shake his hand smiling.

"Nice to meet you Veronica," He grins.

I get through class and invite Shamus to hang out with me for the day, show him around school.

"So here is the library, and over there is the gym," I walk around with him during lunch.

"Thank you for taking the time and showing me around," He thanks me.

"Oh of course," I smile.

He smiles back. He has a very nice smile and pretty eyes.

"Hey Roni," I hear Ben.

"Oh hey Ben, Ben this is Shamus, Shamus this is Ben," I introduce them.

"Nice to meet you," Shamus shakes Ben's hand.

"Likewise,"

We hear the bell ring.

"Alright well I should head to class," Shamus says. "Thank you again for making me feel welcome," He kisses my cheek, looking at me and winks as walks away.

I smile as he leaves, I look to Ben and he's very tense.

"What's wrong?" I turn to him.

"Nothing," He walks away.

I sigh and walk to my class. I get through the rest of the day and now I'm walking home, I have invited Shamus over to hang out for a bit.

We get to the house and I hear someone in the kitchen.

"Hey mom," I kiss her cheek.

"Hey sweetie, who's this?" My mom asks, smiling.

"Mom this is Shamus, he's new to the school, Shamus this is my mom, Sasha,"

"Nice to meet you," Shamus grins.

"Nice to meet you,"

We head up to my room, Shamus walks in and looks around. His eyes land on a picture of Ben and I kissing.

"Is that.." He pauses, "Ben? Sorry I just had to remember his name,"

"Uh yeah," I move the photo.