Thea wiggled as she tried to get comfortable with the three fluffed pillows that propped her up and the one under her feet.  After several minutes she shimmed around until she was able to grab one from behind her and threw it to the side. With small sigh of relief Thea leaned back.  "Do you have investor and clients fly in a lot with their family?"

"It's been known to happen," responded Jasmine offhandedly as she turned the magazine to the side to stare at a photo.

Thea nodded as she turned to stare at the tree tops that littered the backyard and the blue sky, "Does Gabe attend them all the time?"

"Not that often.  Why do you ask," inquired Jasmine as she sat the baby furniture magazine down and gave Thea her undivided attention.

Thea eyes swept the room before they landed on Jasmine.  "You know I care about Gabe," began Thea in a small voice.  "But I feel that I owe you an honest answer as to why I am hesitant to marry him."  Thea paused as she mentally searched for the right words, "I don't trust him."

"Don't trust him," echoed Jasmine with a look of disbelief.  Jasmine slapped the magazine on the table and started to pace.  "The girl from the television was nothing more than a lying opportunist.  Gabe was drunk out of his mind and I for one think she may have roofied him.  There is no way on Earth he was cheating with her for years!"  Jasmine chest heaved as she came to stop and turned to stare at Thea.  "You have to know she was lying."

"I'm not talking about that," sighed Thea as she looked down at her swollen fingers.

Jasmine stared at Thea with a confused expression.  "Then what are you talking about?  What has Gabe done that would make you, his ma- one true love, not trust him."

Tears threatened to spill when Thea looked into the confused and indignant face of Jasmine.  "Nothing, I'm sorry I didn't mean to say anything."

Jasmine tried to smile as she reached for Thea's hand, "I'm not angry with you.  It's just that I can't fathom him doing anything that would betray your trust."

"You're right," sighed Thea as she chewed on her bottom lip.  "I think I'll take a nap."

"Thea I don't understand.  Tell me what you are talking about and stop beating around the bush.  I am not a mind reader and there is obviously something on your mind," demanded Jasmine all sweetness lost from her voice.  "You should be happy but you're not and I want to know why."

"Jasmine, I used to dream of one day joining your family," sobbed Thea as tears rolled down her cheeks.  "But I can't do it knowing Gabe may have lied to me and may have even cheated on me."

Various expressions crossed Jasmine's face as she stared at Thea.  "He wouldn't do that," whispered Jasmine as she shook her head.  "You are his mate and -."  Jasmine took a deep breath as she stared at Thea's trembling shoulders.  "No," whispered Jasmine as she walked toward the door. "Gabe would never do something like that," she mumbled as she exited the room.

Jasmine walked blindly down the hallway deep in thought, to the main staircase before she turned toward the kitchen.  She paused briefly to call one of the older pack woman to come and keep Thea company before you walked into the garage.

"Thea has to be mistaken," breathed Jasmine.  "Shifters don't cheat on their mates.  They just don't!"  Jasmine repeated this to herself as she drove 25 miles above the speed limit to Zion.  She slowly drove pass the small office building that the DuPont's owned and frowned when she didn't see William or Gabe's cars.  "Where are they," she asked herself as she reached for her mobile.

Jasmine opened William's calendar and ran her finger along his schedule until she read where he and the investors were to have lunch.  "When did Lucia's started opening for lunch," pondered Jasmine as she drove down the street.  Moments later she pulled her car to a stop outside and stepped out.