✴Chapter 38: Until

Start from the beginning

"Love, what's-"

"I've never loved and hated so much the same person before," she randomly stated. "Someone I loathed but secretly cherished the most. It's a weird feeling, that one I have with you, Kol."

Kol blinked. He blinked once. He blinked twice.

And what he said next made her body froze in place.

"I know that we kissed back in that memory."

Mixed feelings overwhelmed her; she didn't know if she was utterly embarrassed, shocked, or just speechless.

Undoubtedly though, she did not know what to say next.

Just as her hand was about to drop, Kol swiftly placed his on top of hers and bit his lips amused.

"It was the only thing I remembered from back then. I only recalled it yesterday. For some weird reason, I had recollection of an event that never took place."

"You never said a thing to me about that."

He smirked, his eyes falling on her lips as he shamelessly stared at them with lust.

"Why would I?"

She mentally rolled her eyes. Typical Kol reply. Shrug it off with a question like that, eventually not directly answering. Pretty good at dodging inconvenient questions.

Her own thoughts were disrupted when his lips suddenly crashed into hers, leaving her breathless. She had to cut his kiss short in order to take a proper deep breath before going in again.

His plan to avoid giving any answers worked though. He had successfully managed to disorient the little witch, his arms snaking around her petite waist and pulling her on his lap. It made him feel at ease when he held her close like that, as if she was no longer capable of running from him.

But he didn't have to worry about that any longer.

Davina was astonished by the heat of his body. His skin felt scorching hot at every touch. It was the first time she had been so close to a vampire before, so it was rational to be taken aback by the newfound information. Vampires weren't cold. Their temperature was just like any other human's, perhaps even higher than normal.

She didn't even notice Kol switching them places. He must have used his vampire speed to control the situation, since he was the one now on top of her and she was trapped under him, his body towering over her. He had lifted slightly his body up though, just so his weight wouldn't crash her completely.

Kol slipped his hands under her blouse, gripping tightly the witch's hips. Physical contact. He yearned for that physical contact with her.

"You can't fool me," she giggled under his kiss, "Nor mislead me with your charm, Kol."

The Mikealson stopped moving, he just propped his body up with the help of his elbows. Davina noticed his pupils dilating as he pierced her with his intense gaze while he played with a strand of her hair absent-mindedly.

The girl narrowed her brows, her smooth voice travelling to his ears.

"Kol?"

... And it wasn't just his stare. There was that devious grin crossing his sharp face as his clear brown eyes twinkled with amusement. Even with such smug look as that, he still looked as charismatic as ever. And the best part?

He wasn't even trying to be that moment.

"Hm?"

"What happened?" she asked, wishing not to sound too desperate for another kiss.