✴Chapter 37: The Right Time

She wasn't waking up.

Davina wasn't waking up.

Kol had literally flipped through every page of every spell book the little witch possessed, but in the end, it all led to a dead end. He recognised the spell Davina was under and he had realised nothing could wake her up. The spell was only temporary, which meant its effect would eventually wear off.

But how long is that 'eventually'? It had been two hours ever since he had found her like that!

His patience was running low. The more he stood there, doing nothing, the more angry he got at himself.

Kol sat up on the couch he had plopped down just a few moments ago and threw a swift glance at the sleeping girl. Her expression hadn't changed at all which fortunately indicated she hadn't faced any trouble wherever she was trapped in.

Why would Esther do that to her though?

Even in death, that mother of his was bothersome.

His sigh was interrupted by a sudden sound in the room coming from Davina's phone. It was on the coffee table, right in front of his eyes. Someone was calling her?

Ignoring the caller, Kol tossed his arm lazily over the back of the couch, which kept dangling back and forth. When he realised the ringing wouldn't stop, he let out a groan and sent a death glare at the phone. He was about to toss it out of the room until he heard a bleeping sound and someone's voice.

He knew that voice.

He despised that voice.

It belonged to him, that little bastard. Marcel.

"Hey D, it's me. You must be busy, not answering your phone, or simply avoiding me. Either way I want to see you. You promised you would explain to me what is going on, remember? Ever since then, you've disappeared. Today I went to Rousseau's and talked to Cami. She told me the reason why you're acting like that. It's about Kol, isn't it?"

His head shot up. More interested in the message, Kol glanced at the phone and arched one of his eyebrows. About him? Davina talked to that Camille about him?

"... D, whatever he told you, don't believe him. You cannot save someone like him. He's a monster. I know how considerate you are but I also know how manipulative he is. You saw what he is capable of, right? Not only in his head but even when he took you to that cabin in the woods and chained you up. I hope you're okay, D and stay away from that troublemaker. For your own good."

Bleep.

... A monster. That's right.

That's what the others saw in him.

But what is Marcel talking about? What did the little witch tell that bartender?

Now he wasn't only worried, but also extremely and infuriatingly curious.

Feeling the blood rushing to his head, the young Mikealson stood on his feet and looked outside. It was getting dark already.

He found himself staring at the girl again and his feet soon led him to her side. Cracking a small smile he slowly sat next to her; she was even more breathtaking when she was calm like this. Only then did he realise how badly he wanted to touch her, to feel her warmth and let her scent enwrap him.

Really, what have you done to me, Davina Claire?

The girl he had first met under a streetlight in the dead of the night, the girl he had wholeheartedly despised and wanted to kill, the girl that had dared to use him was the same girl he had come to love.