✴Chapter 34: Black Onyx

Yes, he hadn't regretted it.

He had managed to hold himself back from giving into that temptation and his unbearable urge to kiss the little witch. He had made the correct choice.

But, that's not like something the notorious Kol Mikealson would do, right?

No, in fact, Kol would never say no to a pretty girl's kiss; but deep down something was bothering him. For some reason, he couldn't bring himself to trick Davina into kissing him, because that simply didn't feel right to him; for some reason, he didn't want to manipulate that girl at all. So what was that reason that turned him so sentimental whenever she was around?

But Kol had an answer for that too. He knew exactly why, but his oversized ego would not allow him to say it aloud.

It would not allow him to admit that he had developed feelings for that tricky little witch who had wrapped him around her little fingers and that she was the reason Kol was sitting alone in a bar, spending his whole day thinking.

"Someone seems trouble-minded," the voice of Niklaus was heard as he sat next to his younger brother.

Kol rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his drink. "Oh and now you're next in line. First Rebekah and now you. I suppose Elijah will pay a visit next week?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, brother." Klaus chuckled as he ordered a bourbon for himself. "I just came here to have drink. Why would I come to see you? Are you perhaps, an attention-seeker, Kol? But wait- that's what you've always been."

He was mad at him. Pretty obviously. And Kol could only guess the reason why.

"Oh you're still mad at me for almost killing that bartender the other day. Camille, wasn't it?" Kol said in a challenging tone and glanced at the hybrid with the corner of his eye.

But to his suprise, Klaus was not triggered at all by his provoke. Or he was just pretty good at hiding his anger.

"Elijah had told me what you did that day. I was actually going to hunt you down and tear you into shreds but, surprise surprise, Kol was no where to be found."

"What can I say, I'm pretty good at hide-and-seek."

"Or Davina Claire is pretty good at trapping an Original in an old attic for days. She really did make sure you could not be located with any kind of spell."

Kol furrowed his brows in confusion. "Why? Did you use a location spell to find me?"

"Freya insisted that it was the right thing to do." he simply replied, "She's pretty persuasive, you see. She also convinced me not to kill you."

"Well I'll drop by to thank her later." Kol's poisonous sarcasm rolled smoothly off his tongue.

But Klaus had enough of his rude behaviour. His expression was neutral, neither showing emotion nor sentiment. "Being apathetic is a form of defense, brother. And you're, always, on defense."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You also like to play the victim a lot. You always blame us for shutting you out, but have you ever considered the possibility of you being the distant one? Because I certainly have."

For the first time, Kol turned his head to look at him. Unlike before, Klaus was now the one smirking, while Kol was simply glaring at him with dark eyes.

Having seen that his words had an effect on him, Klaus went on with his monologue. "Ah yes. The poor, always misundertood Kol. Finding excuses for his actions, blaming anyone but himself for his atrocities. Are you lying to yourself as much as you lie to others, brother?"