✴Chapter 10: A Game Of Catch

Davina's hand moved around in an instant and, before Kol had noticed, the knife's sharp blade met the back of his neck. Kol's head shot up and stumbled backwards, searching frantically with his hands for the knife. And by the look on his face, he was furious.

"Josh now!" she screamed, making Josh blink his eyes in shock. Thankfully he had very good reflexes and in a brief second he stood behind Kol and kneeled him on the back. Kol let out a animalistic growl and lost his balance for a second, almost tripping over the carpet on the floor.

"Josh take my hand! Quickly!" she held out her bleeding hand, which had started feeling numb from the blood loss. As soon as their hands linked though, she started chanting again while holding her free hand upon the Original's head. It was only a matter of time for Kol to regain control of his body but, the moment Davina had completed the ritual, the Mikealson was already unconscious. It was complete.

She released a small laugh but soon, her body grew heavier and heavier as her feet eventually gave in. With her free hand, the witch hang on her friend, sharp breaths coming from her mouth endlessly. "Josh..we..we did it. It's up to you now."

And from that moment, everything went black.

~ • ~

"Kol give it back!"
"What thing Rebekah?" laughed the boy.
"It's not funny anymore! Give me the toy knight now!"

"Oh so you must be Sir Kol Mikealson. I have heard quite a few things about your family's influent to the king."
"Have you, now?" chuckled the other man, "You see, we are quite the troublemakers."

"Kol Mikealson at your service darling."

"Shh Rebekah! Don't tell Nik what you saw, please!"
"Kol what..what are you even searching for?"
"A magic diamond. Nik took it from me."

"You know, Bonnie? I love witches. I find them..very unpredictable and interesting."
"..You are mad."

"Ah you must be the Gilbert hunter, huh?"
"Jeremy run!"
"Uh-uh. Elena, Elena, Elena.." he shook his head, "Would you rather die first now?"

"You chose him over me a thousand times Elijah! Am I even a brother for you?!"
"Kol, stop this nonsense."
"No, Elijah. I had enough. Even now in this goddamn town, you still choose him over and over and over again. I will put an end to this."