✴Chapter 5: False Hopes

She gulped. Here it goes...

"There were found 15 dead people in Rousseau's yesterday night. Their blood was drained from their organism and I'm one hundred percent sure it was done by vampires."

--Wait what?

She raised her head and stared at Elijah dumbfounded. What? 15 people? Davina glanced at Marcel and what she saw was confusing her even more than before; he seemed as dazed as she was.

"What do you mean, Elijah? Are you claiming that my people did that?" said Marcel annoyed as he stood up. "You know we don't break the rules here. In fact, the new vampires that arrived you should blame."

Davina's eyes darted around in panic. Kol. He was the one who did that, wasn't he? He had already started to slaughter people and not only that, he didn't even try to keep a low profile! She had to do something about it and not just sit there and blame herself. Well, of course she was partly responsible but muttering things all the time was not going to help at all.

The witch stood up and stormed out of the room as the other two looked at her suspiciously, especially the Original.

~ • ~

"Josh I don't know."

"D, relax. I mean- well, it's certainly freaking you out that you are the one who brought him here-"

"Josh! This is not something that should be encouraging!"

"I know I know. What are you going to do?"

Davina looked around as she realized she was still in the French Quarter. She had to get to the old church and then.. then.. What could she do then?

"I have something in my mind. I'll call you later."

Without waiting for him to answer, she hung up and sighed; a location spell. If she could track him down then she could.. Wait, that's it!

A big smirk crept across her face as she walked down the street, heading to St. Anne's Church.

~ • ~

Kol's eyes studied the huge mansion, endless memories were flooding back. How many centuries indeed..., he thought to himself and a small smirk formed on his lips. In that mansion, he lived the best years of his life and, we are talking about a thousand year old vampire. Well, before he got stabbed for a millionth time by Klaus.

But really, he wasn't mad at his brother only because of that. Back at Mystic Falls, Klaus didn't even care when the Gilberts tried to kill him and since none of his siblings would help him, he fled; in addition, once again his siblings had disappointed him, turning their backs on him.