✴Chapter 8: Deceptive Eyes

Crash!

"Bloody hell!" he cursed, kicking the first thing that was in front of him. If he had aimed correctly, the vase wouldn't have shattered into billion pieces. And now there was nothing else useful inside the invisible circle. Man, he couldn't stand this!

And he didn't have enough time to come up with a second plan. It had already been two hours since the witch left and she should be back by now.

As he was about to give up, his eyes got a glimpse of something shiny under the couch which was trapped with him behind the barrier. Hm? How odd. He hadn't noticed something like that before there. Fortunately for him, the sun rays seemed to reveal the thing's hideout. The edges of his lips curved into a smile as he bent down and reached for it. When he had a better view of it and finally took a grasp of that thing, he let out a hideous laugh. Despite the fact he, from all people, had been trapped in a goddamn attic it seemed like there was a light of hope after all. What could be better than finding a knife under your couch, right?

And totally understandable.

That moment, the door flew open and a very angry little witch stormed in.

Only to be met with a knife in her forearm.

"What the hell?!" she screamed in pain as her head snapped to the side, staring down at the knife stabbed in her flesh. What on earth had just happened?!

She heard a sadistic laugh coming from her right, which only fuelled her anger more. The sudden pain that stung her made her stumble backwards, losing her balance for a moment. She was still taken a back by how fast everything happened but in the end, her eyes rested upon the Original that had bursted into frantic laughter, as if all this was a joke to him.

"Oh boy, I'm sorry little witch," he said between his laughs, " I was actually aiming for the heart."

She immediately wrapped her fingers around the grip of what it appeared to be a knife and pulled it out swiftly. Of course it was even worse the feeling of the blade slicing her flesh but she could not just let it there. Once the bloody weapon was out she threw it across the room, as far away as she could from the sociopath in her room. Not only she had to think of her own problems with Marcel and the Mikealson brothers, she now had to deal with their younger unstable brother as well!

"Oh, look at you. You are really good at keeping your composure, after all." he mocked her again, still waiting for some kind of an insult as a response.

But no word left from Davina's mouth.

She just sat there, on the edge of her bed and stared blankly at the ground; even though the wound Kol caused on her forearm was pretty nasty, Davina hadn't shown any kind of reaction, which only pissed Kol off even more. He expected some kind of insult or even a mental breakdown, but this? This was far worse for him but..rather surprising. This would be harder than he thought.

Dead silence fell in the attic, only the sound of the two of them breathing in and out could be heard. Kol studied her face analytically, but it was like the witch had wore a mask made of steel. No emotion was formed on her face, she just sat there expressionless and zoned out. Okay that was getting really annoying. Kol couldn't stand the silent treatment at all, especially when others gave it to him.