"Why are you so scared? Spot's your leader. Shouldn't he be your friend?" David interrupts. I watch, interested, at what Skit will say.

Skit takes a moment to gather his thoughts. "Spot is our leader and he got our backs but he can be very intimidating. He earned tha name King for a reason and Ise would hate ta be on tha wrong side of the King."

I look to David unimpressed before following Skit. He leads us down to Brooklyn's docks and I'm not surprised this is where Spot would be. It has a nice view compared to my docks on Manhattan's side. Skit stops us before we get closer. "Yous on ya own now. I gotta run." He warns.

"Thanks Skit. I owe ya one." I tip my hat at him as he leaves. David pokes my arm to get my attention. Following where his hand was pointed, I see a boy with brown hair near some stacked wooden crates and flats. Looking sideways at David, I jerk my head in Spot's direction. "Let's go meet the King."

"Wait! You sure about this?" David asks, looking concerned.

Chuckling, I poke fun at him. "You're not getting scared, are ya?"

"Everyone else seems afraid of him. There's gotta be a reason for that. Just.. be careful." He pleads. If I didn't know any better, I'd say David Jacobs was worried about me.

I give him a smile, hoping it would calm him down. "Careful is my middle name David Jacobs." Sliding up to him, I place a hand on his back. "Now let's go. Can't keep him waiting." I push David forward and stride towards the King.

As we get closer I see Spot setting up glass bottles on a crate. Walking away, he glances at us and then turns away, facing the bottles. Pulling out a slingshot, he aims, bringing the slingshot eye level and concentrates on his targets. I stand, arms crossed and glaring, waiting for him to say something. He ignores us and fires at a bottle, shattering it. He fires again and three more explode, the broken glass crashes to the ground. We wait in silence, my patience was being tested but I wasn't going to be the one to break the silence. I wasn't giving Spot the satisfaction.

David looks at me worried, his face showing his growing anxiety. I could feel him shifting uncomfortably next to me. The worry fades slightly when I mouth the words "Trust me" and give him a, hopefully, comforting smile. My hand reaches out before my brain can catch up with my actions. My fingertips brush his hand just as Spot calls out "So what are two Manhattan Newsies doin on my turf?"

Letting my hand fall to my side, ignoring David's stare, I hide my small smile of satisfaction at Spot speaking first. "Ise take it ya heard about the strike?"

He aims at the last bottle. Firing, he strikes true, the broken shards join the pile of glass at the foot of the crate. "I might of."

"So are ya willing to help us?" With that, he turns to look at me. Surprise and delight light up his eyes at the realization that I am a girl. Despite the distance between us, I can tell that the great "King" of Brooklyn is hardly taller than me, we're almost eye level which amuses me. He must have a big personality to make up for the lack of height.

Tucking his slingshot in his pocket, he saunters to me and stops, invading my personal space. The close proximity unnerves me, my breath quickens involuntarily but force myself to breathe normally, refusing to show any discomfort. Fighting the urge to step back, I refuse to let him think that he could intimidate me. Beside me, David tenses up, ready to step in if Spot tries anything.

"Well, hello there doll." Spot smirks at me. His eyes scan me up and down, the look on his face makes me sick to my stomach.

"Don't call her that." David pulls me behind him, shielding me, before I could spit in Spot's face.