All That You Can't Leave Behind ♡

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry." Lucas said smiling slightly, before pausing. "I miss hanging out with you, Claudia." Lucas confessed and Claudia nodded her head.

"Yeah. I miss hanging out with you too." Claudia replied smiling at him.

"Listen. I appreciate everything you did for me. I do, Claudia, but- how about you let me handle the team from now on, okay?" Lucas asked and Claudia nodded her head.

"Okay." Claudia said before walking over to a table to collect the money, Lucas spun on the chair so he was facing her.

"So you can... stop tutoring Nathan now." Lucas suggested and Claudia shook her head before walking over to him.

"Um, no. I, I can't." Claudia replied like it was obvious. As she walked over to the cash register and stuck the money in. Haley walked in through the door, to cover the rest of Claudia's shift.

"Claudia." Lucas stated and Claudia shook her head as she took her apron off and grabbed her bag from under the counter.

"Lucas. I can't. I promised him. If I break that promise, I'm, I'm just as bad as... you think he is." Claudia explained before smiling at Haley. "Thank you for covering you are a life saver!" Claudia exclaimed at Haley before leaving the cafe.

They had been practicing for about an hour, before the boys came in to play basketball. Claudia kept on trying to catch Lucas's eye, but he refused to look at her. Before the actually began to practice Nathan walked up to Claudia. Lucas watched his every move.

"Hey Claudia, I thought for tutoring I could just give you a lift to my house, make it early so I can get more practicing in?" Nathan suggested, everyone looked over at her.

"Yeah sure. I can watch friends whenever." Claudia replied, acting like it was nothing. Nathan just nodded his head, he was away to continue the conversation and talk about the almost kiss but Whitey walked into the gym.

"Scott, stop flirting with the cheerleaders! Get your ass over here!" Whitey shouted and Claudia just laughed.

"You better go take your flirtiness over to Dim. I think he would like that." Claudia joked, Nathan smirked before Nathan leaned in a little.

"If I can recall, you were the one who wanted to kiss me." Nathan replied smugly before he ran over to join the other boys. Lucas scoffed as he looked over at them. Claudia turned her attention to Brooke.

"From the top!" Brooke shouted and the girls got into position.

"Here we go! Ravens, lets score!" The Cheerleaders began to say in unison but Brooke stopped them.

"Wait! Hold on, Peyton, you've got the arms wrong." Brooke corrected, everyone looked at Peyton.

"It's not brain surgery, Brooke." Peyton retorted and Claudia started to laugh but she stopped.

"Okay, what's with the attitude?" Brooke asked offended. 

"What's with your life? Seriously, aren't you embarrassed that the most important thing in your world is some stupid cheer?" Peyton scoffed, Claudia decided to stand still and just listen. Normally she would have jumped in but she thought it wasn't her place.

"Look, I'm really sorry things didn't work out with you and Nathan, but don't go all Mariah on me, okay?" Brooke asked in her usual bitchy tone.

"You think this is about Nathan?" Peyton shouted. "You're not even close! You're not even in the neighborhood of close!" Peyton screamed dramatically, Claudia stood there awkwardly. Claudia really just wanted to leave, but she didn't know how to. She wondered if Peyton found out about the almost kiss.