Chaptertwentyeight.

Start from the beginning

Okay.....

"Plus I'm her legal guardian now." I added.

"Really???" He looked over at me.

"Yep. Just made it official at the hospital." I replied.

"Why were you there?" He asked.

"Well, my girl." I swallowed. I didn't want to say what happened because it hasn't really set in yet. I was also afraid to cry just by hearing my own voice giving the tragic news.

"You wanna talk to me about it?" He said.

He seemed concerned.

"Mary and I know one another." He added.

"Wait, how did you know it was Mary?" I asked.

"Oh, I heard. It's a small town." He replied.

"Well, she's fucked up." I said.

"How bad?" He asked.

"Really bad, she may not live. Right now she's in a coma." I choked out.

He bit his lip, and sped up.

"Sorry." He said taking deep breaths?

"Don't be, it's not like it's your fault." I said looking out the window.

He didn't replied.

The rest of the ride was silent.

We finally pulled up to my house, I was hoping to end the awkwardness.

"Thanks for the ride." I waved as he pulled away.

I walked up to the door using the spare key.

My mom and dad weren't home yet they decided to stay longer with my family members down in Tennessee.

When I got inside I changed into a onesie.

c:

I then made myself some mac&cheese.

I loved Mac and cheese with a passion.

I turned on the television and slowly ate my food.

I turned my phone on, I forgot I had turned it off in the hospital.

I had a few text messages from Sean.

"Hey!" the first one.

"There's a bonfire tonight!" was the second one which was only sent a four minutes ago.

A bonfire eh? That sounds like a idea.

"Who is all going to be there?" I text him back.

It wasn't long till I got another text from him.

"It's at Austins, A whole bunch of people." 

I thought a bit longer, I wasn't good in crowds. But maybe that's what I needed right now.

"Okay I will be there soon bud." I text him back.

I got up and put my mac&cheese away.

I went to my room. I looked through my closet and saw nothing interesting. 

I decided to go with a summer tank top that had the band name "Sleeping with sierns" across the chest. 

I put on some black skinny jeans. 

Austin didn't live to far away, so I decided to walk instead of skate boarding there.

When I got outside I started to think. 

Mary..

I never would have thought any of this would have happened this summer. So much happened already, what was going to happen later?

I pulled out my phone and was looking through Mary and I's text messages.

I miss her. I hope she is okay. 

** While I walked down the street I was getting very paranoid, I was scared, How was I going to face Austin and not tell him that his best friend and being the girl he likes is in the hospital in a coma at a chance of death..

That wasn't the only thing I was scared of...A lot of people liked Mary. I haven't been upto date on who was her friends or not but last time I checked she had mostly everyone.

For examples, she had Austin, Sean, Jacob, Steven, Vince, Alex, including me. 

But how am I supposed to tell all them people who love her the news that she's hurt.

I saw Austins house just few houses before me.

When I stepped on his lawn I took a deep breath. Here we go...