Chapter 8: Empire Day

On Lothal at a little town, Leo, Hera, Zeb, and Sabine walk to a cantina, Sabine removes her helmet and looks out to the fields, seeing Ezra, Mako and Kadan doing another teaching lesson, "Step outside of yourself, make a connection with another being." Kadan instructs them, as neither of them was in the mode of a lesson. "Can we do this another day?" Ezra asks him, as Kadan picks up a rock, "We can do this now. Focus." Kadan tells them, "Just throw the rock." Mako tells him as they ready themselves and Kadan threw the rock.

It hits one of the creatures of the planet, it jumps out of the grass and snarls at them, they two looks at it as it snarls. "I don't think he wants to connect." Ezra tells him as Mako took a step back, "You're resisting, he can sense it." Kadan informs him, "He can sense it? What is he, a padawan pet?" Mako asks as it jumps at her, but she ducks down as it attacks Ezra instead. Kadan chuckles a little, "You don't seem to be getting this." Kadan states as he watches Ezra fight off the animal. "We get that this furball is trying to kill Ezra." Mako states as Ezra sat up, holding the creature at arm's length and then threw it back and it lands on his feet as Ezra stood up and brushes himself off. "Give us some lightsabers and we'll make the connection." Mako snaps and Kadan looks at her, arching his eyebrows at her, "Excuse me?" he questions her.

Then the two sigh, "We're sorry Kadan, we just, don't see the point in this." Ezra tells him as he and Mako cross their arms, "The point is that you're not alone. "You're connected to every living thing in the universe, but to discover that, you have to let your guard down." Kadan tells them as he makes the connection, the two look back at the furball was now well mannered, "You have to be willing to attach to others." Kadan informs them, "And what if we can't?" Ezra asks him, "If you hang onto your past, if you always try to protect yourself, then you'll never become Jedi." Kadan answers him, Mako sighs as she looks at him, "Then we'll never become Jedi." she answers him and he looks at her in surprise, "You're usually more excited about this, Mako. Whatever is eating at you and Ezra, spoil." Kadan tells her as Mako looks at her feet.

"We're sorry Kadan, we don't mean to ware you out, today is just not a good day." Ezra answers him, "Today is never a good day." Mako mumbles, "Today?" Kadan asks them, they look at him, "Empire Day." they answer and then the furball growls and jumps back into the fields. They watch it run off and then looks up seeing Tie-fighters fly over them. "What are so many Ties doing out this far?" Ezra asks him, "Nothing good, come on." Kadan tells them and they ran for the town, then a green little reptile with neon yellow eyes pops its head out of the grass, seeing the three-run off and ran after them.

Kadan, Ezra, and Mako ran into town and into the cantina, the Ties touch down outside in front of the cantina. Then started to check around, the three-step inside seeing the three pilots of the Ties and Ezra went to pull out his sling-shot as Mako reaches into her satchel, but Kadan raise his hand and signals them to stand down, "Not unless we have to." he whispers to them and they casually walk over to the bar and leans against it. The trooper then walks over to Hera and Zeb as they casually look up at them, "Over here!" one calls out, and the trooper walks back to them. The held a male Rodian and a female Cathar, the trooper held up the panel looking to see in there was a match.

Mako and Ezra look over and saw the pictures in the two panels, "Zembo?" Ezra mumbles as Mako mumbles, "Ka?" Kadan looks at them, "What?" he asks them and they look away, "Nothing." they answer. "They're not the two." he informs him and then the two places them back in their seats and he then walks up to the car, "The Imperial holo-net broadcast should play here at all time!" he argues with the bartender and smacks the drink away. "No ones requested it, ever." the bartender informs him. "It's the law." the second trooper informs him and the bartender turns on the holo-news. "Today is Empire day, celebrating the 15TH anniversary of the galaxy salvation." the reporter states as Mako and Ezra glare at the news and Mako grips her fist tightly.