Chapter 39

Mark's P.O.V

"Hello there. May interest you in a drink?"

"May I interest you in my foot down your throat."

I had been walking around the bar and spotted a fine looking woman with long black hair, hazel eyes, and a healthy figure. She was no super model size, but I think that made her more beautiful.

"Easy baby, I just wanted to make conversation."

"I do have mace."

"Okay, let's take a step back. My name is Mark." I held out my hand and she shook it gently. "You're not going to tell me your name."

"You have to earn that." She joked with a gorgeous smile.

"With dinner and a movie?"

"I'd like that."

"Me too. Friday?"

"It's a date."

"You won't bring you mace will you?"

"I take my mace everywhere."

She smiled and slid some money on the table and smiled before leaving. I stared at her as she exited the door and got excited about our date Friday.

Caily turned out to be okay and I was asked never to return to the hospital. Like I give a fuck, ain't nobody wanna to that ugly hospital no way.

"Can I get your something?" The bartender asked.

"Yeah, beer. What was her name?"

"Girl you were talking to? Jessica Matthews."

"The sheriff's daughter?"

"Yep, you have to be on tough cookie to get past that father of hers."

"Thanks."

The bartender left and retuned with my beer. My mind constantly slipped back to her. Was this it for me? Was I in love?

Nah, I'm Mark McGriffin I never fall in love. But this chocolate skinned beauty was threatening that.