Chapter 30

Caelum's P.O.V

Author's Note

You should listen to Tim McGraw: My Little Girl while reading this chapter. I just feel like it works. 

Lily's feet rammed hard into my side and I almost jumped up to curse at her.

She's pregnant. I reminded myself and scooted closer to the end of the bed. The kicking signaled to me she would be up soon because the baby was giving her hell.

It wasn't long before I heard the bed sank and her rise to her feet.

"You okay?" I called into the darkness.

I heard some shallow sobs and finally saw her shake her head when the door opened and light poured into the room.

I heaved myself off the bed and yawned. I followed Lily and saw her crying on the couch, clutching her stomach.

"You okay?"

"No, it hurts so bad." I sat down beside her and rubbed her back and head.

"It's going to hurt babe."

"But she's kicking so hard."

"When did she start kicking?"

" A few minutes ago, and then she just...... stopped."

I rubbed her stomach and tried my best to sooth the pains. She was crying and seemed absolutely inconsolable. I cuddled, I kissed, I did everything a man could do to possibly make his woman stop crying.

"Just leave me be Caelum." She pushed me off of the chair and I backed away slowly. She cuddled with a pillow and gave slightly groans of pain.

I walked back to my room and laid down. I had tried my best and hardest to make this pregnancy a smooth process and I got the backlash of her anger. I can't help but feel I deserved it. For four months I had been a complete jerk.

I snapped on her constantly, I went out with the guys, I even told her I never wanted the baby. I let my temper get the best of me and I felt this was her way of getting back. It was an awful way to feel, but part of me knew it was the truth.

The room was dark even though daybreak was streaming in through the window. The house was still and quiet and I heard nothing but the air conditioning gushing out cold air.

No more moans from Lily and I didn't know whether that was a good or bad thing. I got up, not being able to go back to sleep anyways, and walked to the living room where Lily sat.

"You okay?" I whispered.

She groaned into the pillow and held up her hand. I took a step closer to see it was covered in blood.

________________

I've never felt my feet move so fast. I was running past the receptionist desk and though some doors. Lily was on a stretcher and her parents and my family were outside waiting.

"Sir, I need you to wait outside."

"She needs me! I have to be in there!"

"She has an infection sir, you would only make it worse by being in there and spreading germs. Please go put one of the suits on and we'll call you when she's ready."

A male nurse pulled me towards the back room. I followed on the verge of breaking down. I watched the roll Lily into a room and disappear behind two grey doors.

I placed the uniform on as quickly as my body would allow. I had jumped up this morning and my shoulder was killing me. It didn't matter now, Lily was the only thing that did matter.

"Can I see her?"

"She's in surgery."

"The nurse told me I could see her."

"Sir-"

"No! I want to see her!" I hit the receptionist desk and flung everything to the ground.

I heard her call security, but I couldn't stop. I punched the walls until I felt someone grab me. I turned around and punched his face while struggling against another man trying to handcuff me.

"Mr. McGriffin!"

I turned to see a doctor in a semi-bloody uniform. I was nervous until I saw a smile spread across her face.

"Would you like to see your baby girl?"

I shook the man off and followed her into a room. Lily was propped up on the bed and held a small blanket in her arms. I nearly melted when I saw my baby girl.

She had mixed toned skin and long eyelashes. Small dimples and a button nose. She was round for a baby and extremely chubby.

"Do you wanna hold her?" Lily asked and I stopped looking at her for a second so I could kiss Lily's cheek.

"I'm so proud of you." I rubbed her cheek with my thumb and she smiled. She grabbed my hand and rubbed it gently as I rubbed her face. "Can I?"

I took the fragile creature into my arms and she shifted slightly before settling. She was so small that I sat down out of fear of dropping or scaring her.

The family piled in as I rocked the baby girl back and forth.

My baby girl.

"Hey. Hey there, I'm daddy." I doubt she could understand anything I was saying, but it felt good to say it anyways. "I'm your daddy, I love you."

Lily laughed and a smile broke out on my face.

"Cheese."

I looked up and saw Mark with a camera.

"This is so adorable. I might cry." Mark fanned himself dramatically and pretended to break down in tears.

"Go somewhere." I whispered.

"You been somewhere nasty."

I posed for a few pictures with my baby girl and then allowed the nurse to take her. I kissed Lily's forehead.

"I'm going to be here with you all night and the day after that and the day after that."

"You don't have to do that."

"Yes I do, I'm not leaving you alone."

"You're the best Cae."

"You make me that way."

"A name!" Lily yelled suddenly. "We forgot to name our baby!"

"I have the perfect name. Caily."

"Caily?"

"Like Caelum and Lily combined."

Lily smiled. "I like it."